SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paulsmth2

Butterscotch Calypso Bean Soup

paulsmth2
9 years ago

I first had this soup at Roy's restaurant. Even after they removed it from the menu the chef would make it for me if I asked him to. That was very nice of him to do so. At some point I started to buy the beans and make it at home. I keep it simple using some of the ingredients that the chef uses like celery, onions, carrots, garlic, tomatoes or paste,basil and thyme. I do strain the soup before serving in order to remove the casings.

I have attached a link to a bean source in case you decide to make this and don't have a source handy. Be sure you order the butterscotch bean. Does a bean type soup ever make it onto your menu. If so, is there a particular type of bean that you use or a particular way in which you make it.

Yesterday the wind chill temp here in Chicago was way below zero. It called for something hot like soup. Even though I had several packages of the calypso beans in the pantry I opted to make a simple senate bean soup. I made a honey corn bread to go with it. For desert we had the last two pieces of a delicious fudge that a friend makes for us each Christmas. Only about 350 days now till another xmas fudge gift.

Anyway, I very much like this calypso bean soup.

Here is a link that might be useful: calypso bean source

Comment (1)