SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

fried chicken and waffles yay :o)

vacuumfreak
14 years ago

I've heard that chicken and waffles were good, but I haven't been able to find a restaurant in the area that serves them. I thought I'd make my own instead tonight. I made the waffles the other night (you all know about that already :o) so I had plenty in the freezer. I also had 3 chickens because I kept forgetting and buying more. One was defrosted already. I did the same things with eggs, so maybe I have poultry dementia if there is such a thing. This was the first time I've ever broken down my own chicken! I usually bake a whole chicken or put it in a soup or buy the chicken parts if I want to fry. I haven't fried anything for a while, so it was quite an experience getting back into it. Never being one to break tradition, I burned myself this time just like always! First, some grease popped on my wrist. I thought oh well and turned the flame down a little. When the grease hit my right eye (it hurt, but no damage or mark thankfully) I broke down and got the splatter screen out. Of course I only had one more piece of chicken to go at that point :-/ I put the chicken on a roasting rack turned upside down with paper towels under so some of the grease would drain off. Seemed to work better than paper towels on a plate. Anyway, I haven't eaten it yet, I wanted to post here first so I can't comment on what I thought yet. Hopefully, it was worth the effort. Have any of you ever tried or made chicken and waffles before? What did you think?

By the way, I was conservative with the syrup in the photo... I will add about 3 cups more before I start to eat ;o)

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling