SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmorepanic

The idiot is back with a pizza question.

bmorepanic
10 years ago

Ok - new range, oven works & everything.

Trying pizza again. I'm having some issues about the toppings and getting them done correctly. I'm having tri-state vegetable toppings (not done, dried out, or done).
I'm not having crust or flavor issues.

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. I don't cut the toppings correctly, don't use correct amount of sauce, don't bake it correctly or assemble it right or something.

The last time, I tried an adaptation of the baking steel way just by using the pizza stone (let it heat at 500 for a long time like 45 minutes. Put the pie on the stone and then changed to the broiler. Woah. Pie done in 4 minuets. Little too done, actually.

Will move one rack position away the next time, but resulted in some cooked and some not cooked toppings and no dried out ones. It was just onions and mushrooms, the crust was nicely browned underneath and a little bit of a bath tub on top.with melted cheese swimming around, taking a dip in the tomato sauce with the veg.

If you know what I'm doing wrong, that'd be cool. If not and you happen to have pictures of assembled but not cooked pies to look at, they would be perfect.

Thanks!

Comments (17)