Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pampered Chef Bread Tube Pan?

Posted by love2weed (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 21, 09 at 21:48

I've decided to go with tea sandwiches for my baby shower on Sunday. I have a Pampered Chef Flower Bread Tube pan that I have never used. I would like to make some sandwiches using bread made in this pan. Has anyone had any experience with this pan and what recipe would work in it? I think I've never used it, because I'm afraid the bread will stick.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pampered Chef Bread Tube Pan?

I have a pan, that is the box and never used somewhere..probably had it 10 years! atleast..
I remember that the easiest way to use it was a thawed loaf of that Rhodes dough.

o

A friend at work uses hers all the time for delicious cucumber open-faced sandwiches. She mixes some Ranch seasoning with cream cheese, chills it, spreads the cheese on the sliced flowers of the bread, then tops the cheese with very thin slices of peeled cucumber. I could eat the whole tray....

o

Here is a page that I copied from somewhere long ago. Can't give credit, I'm afraid. I used mine a lot when the kids were little, haven't used it for a while.

Use our exclusive Scalloped Bread Tube to make attractive scallop-shaped canaps, breakfast breads, miniature sandwiches and desserts. Made of tinned steel for even heating, the top lid features a vent for steam release during baking.
How to Use
Wash prior to first use.
Use to bake packaged refrigerated bread dough or frozen bread dough that has been thawed. Bread tube is not recommended for use with brownie, quick bread or cake batters, cookie dough or gelatin mixtures.
Using a one pound loaf of frozen bread dough
Preheat oven to 375F.
Lightly spray inside of bread tube and lids with nonstick cooking spray. Place lid (without vent hole) on bottom of bread tube.
Cut about 2 inches of dough from one end of loaf.
Place dough in bread tube. Place top lid (lid with vent hole and marked "TOP") on top of bread tube.
Immediately place bread tube upright on lower rack of oven. Bake 50-60 minutes, until ends are golden brown.
Remove bread from bread tube and place on cooling rack; cool completely, then slice.
NOTE: When using bread tube with softened ice cream, yogurt or sherbet mixtures, it may be necessary to line bottom lid with Parchment Paper to prevent leakage. Fold a 15-inch square sheet of Parchment Paper into fourths. Place between lid and bottom of bread tube; cap with top lid before freezing.
Other Creative Uses
Use as a form for creating frozen dessert treats. Fill bread tube with softened ice cream, frozen yogurt or sherbet; place lids on top and bottom and freeze 4-6 hours or overnight. To unmold, wrap a warm, damp kitchen towel around tube 1-2 minutes to loosen frozen mixture. Remove lids from bread tube; push contents out onto cutting board and cut into slices. (Do not store frozen food in bread tube for extended periods of time.)
Cut decorative shapes from rolled-out cookie dough, biscuit dough, pie crust or puff pastry.
Cut shapes from sliced bread, cheese or deli meats, then assemble to make miniature snack-size sandwiches.
Create crispy rice cereal and marshmallow treats. Spray bread tube with nonstick cooking spray. Fill with warm cereal mixture, pressing evenly to fill tube; place lids on top and bottom and cool completely. Remove lids from bread tube; push cereal mixture out onto cutting board and cut into slices. Decorate, if desired.
How to Clean
Hand wash; rinse and towel dry immediately.
Bread tube is not dishwasher-safe. Rusting will occur if bread tube is left to soak in water.

Jane

o

Not tried and true by me but from cooks on the web:

Lemon Pepper Crab Canaps

Canap Bread
1 package (11 ounces) refrigerated French bread dough

Filling
1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped

1 can (5 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped

1 lemon

1 green onion with top, thinly sliced

1 small carrot, grated

1/3 cup light mayonnaise

2 teaspoons Lemon Pepper Seasoning Mix

1 cucumber, sliced

Fresh parsley (optional)

1. For canap bread, preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray inside of a bread tube and lids with vegetable oil. Place lid on bottom of bread tube; fill tube with dough. Place lid on top. Bake, upright, 50-60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Remove bread from tube onto cooling rack. Cool completely. Cut into 1/4-inch slices.

2. For filling, chop crabmeat and water chestnuts. Zest lemon with to measure 1 tablespoon zest. Juice lemon to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Slice green onion. Grate carrot. In a bowl, combine crabmeat, water chestnuts, lemon zest, lemon juice, green onion, carrot, mayonnaise, and seasoning mix; mix well.

3. Score cucumber lengthwise at 1/2-inch intervals. Cut cucumber in half crosswise; remove seeds. Slice cucumber. Arrange bread slices on a round platter; top each bread slice with 1 cucumber slice. Place one scoop crab mixture in center of each cucumber slice. If desired, garnish with small leaves of fresh parsley. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 12 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: (Light) (1 canap): Calories 110, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 400 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper can be substituted for the Lemon Pepper Seasoning Mix.

To serve crab salad on toasted canap bread slices, preheat oven to 375F. Arrange bread slices in single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely. Proceed as recipe directs.

Source: Pampered Chef

Cucumber Party Canapes

Ingredients:

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 cucumber
1 loaf Canape French Bread
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

Directions:

In Small Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, dill weed and lemon zest; mix well. Cut cucumber crosswise into 3 equal sections. Peel, seed and coarsely chop one cucumber section. Add to cream cheese mixture; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Thinly slice remaining cucumber sections using Ultimate Slice & Grate; cut each slice in half. Slice canape bread into eighteen 1/2-inch slices using Serrated Bread Knife.
To assemble canapes, place 1 scoop cream cheese mixture onto each bread slice using Small Scoop, spreading evenly. Top each canape with 1 cucumber slice and 1 tomato half. Serve immediately.
Yield: 18 canapes

Nutrients per serving: (1 canape): Calories 100, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 150 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Savory Vegetable Mini Quiches

Ingredients:

1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1 green onion with top, sliced
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 garlic clove, pressed
Dash of ground black pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Lightly spray Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Whisk milk and eggs in Classic Batter Bowl.

2. Chop bacon, zucchini and mushrooms using Food Chopper. Add bacon, zucchini, mushrooms, green onion, cheese, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and black pepper to batter bowl; set aside.

3. On lightly floured surface, roll one crust to a 12-inch circle using Baker's Roller. Using Scalloped Bread Tube, cut out 12 pastry pieces. Press one pastry piece into each muffin cup using Mini-Tart Shaper. Repeat with remaining crust to fill remaining muffin cups.

4. Using Small Scoop, fill each muffin cup with a rounded scoop of vegetable mixture. Bake 17-20 minutes or until crusts are light golden brown. Cool in pan 2 minutes; carefully remove mini quiches from pan. Serve warm.

Yield: 24 appetizers

Nutrients per serving: (1 mini quiche): Calories 100, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3 g,
Source:Pampered Chef

Garden Pizza Appetizers

Ingredients:

1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 package (8 ounces) block mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray Bread Tube with vegetable oil spray. Place pizza dough in tube; bake upright 55-60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from tube. Cool completely. Cut bread into 15 slices with Serrated Bread Knife. Arrange bread slices on Large Round Stone.

2. In small bowl, combine garlic and oil. Brush oil mixture over bread slices using Pastry Brush. Cut cheese into 15 slices; cut each slice in half. Arrange two halves on top of each bread slice. Place tomato slice on top of cheese. Top with bell pepper and green onions. Sprinkle with basil and oregano.

3. Salt and pepper to taste using Salt and Pepper Mill. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.

Yield: 15 servings
Source:Pampered Chef

o

I have had these tubes since they first came out and have never used them because nowhere does it tell you exactly how much dough to use for the tubes.
Lisa

o

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but I've got a set of three shaped pans (heart, star, scalloped shape). They're about 12" long or so.

I spray the lids and insides with Pam and fill them a little more than half full with dough. The original instructions say not to fill the star more than half though.

I haven't used them in a long time.....thanks for reminding me!

Grace

o

Thanks, Grace. I think I will try them out, finally.
Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here