Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where do you find your grapeseed oil

Posted by dirtgirl07 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 17, 10 at 19:13

So many of the recipes here on the cooking forum have mentioned grapeseed oil but I've never seen it in my grocery stores. Can you tell me where you buy yours?

Thanks, Beth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where do you find your grapeseed oil

Trader Joes carries..most groceries will have it on the top shelf in the oil aisle. I actually buy mine online. Likey the one you can find in a grocery is made by Spectrum.

Here is a link that might be useful: I use Napa Valley Naturals Organic

o

Spectrum from Natural Foods or TFM (The Fresh Market. I have found oils like grapeseed and walnut oil at TJMaxx and HomeGoods but I always check the expiration date.

o

Our Safeway has it on the top shelf in the oil area. It is a good product, but I like the grapeseed at Whole Foods better. Of course, it costs more, but not too bad for as long as it lasts.

DP

o

Thanks Terry. They have a nice website. I'll look a little closer at the grocery store, but it seems like I've done so several times. But then Publix has just rearranged their whole store and some of it doesn't make much sense.

o

Do you have any middle eastern stores by you?

o

Trader Joes is where I find it, and our TJ's is so busy that I feel pretty confident that they turn it over quickly.

"That $%^@# Big Box Place" that I hate to admit going into but can't seem to completely avoid did have it in their ethnic food section a couple months ago. I didn't buy or try it, so can't say how good it was or wasn't. They allegedly send anything that's been on the shelf more than 90 days back for credit, so chances are it's relatively fresh.

I've also seen it at Raley's (a regional chain) and two of the local chains who are trying to market to "scratch cookers".

o

I've never used grapeseed oil but I know our local coop carries it.

If you have a coop or a natural food store in your area that may be another place to look.

Linda

o

Thanks for all these suggestions. I'll definitely start looking around. They opened a TJ's a couple of years back but I haven't been in it since it's a good little distance. Same with Fresh Market. Lot's of natural food stores and large hispanic neighborhoods near by. The middle eastern are surely here too. Will check all of them since it would be great to see all of the items they carry.

And quite forgot about our Harry's Farmers Market (whole food owned) who has a huge selection of olive oils so they probably carry it.

o

Check the price at Columbus Food online. www.soaperchoice.com. They are all top food grade and they have a lot of organics. Don't remember if the grapeseed is organic or not.

o

I usually get mine at TJ's which is out of town for me. I live in a small town but I can also find it at Kroger. It's in their organic section though and not with the regular cooking oils.

Tracey

o

TJMaxx has had it.

o

Dirtgirl, Are you near the Harry's on 1180 Upper Hembree Road? Love that pl, well I did before it became WF. We were going through ATL on I-75 2 weeks ago and I thought I saw a Harry's from the interstate; is that a new location?

o

I've never bought it either but I see it all the time at a local middle eastern imports store (as Jessy mentioned).

What do y'all use it for?

o

Trader Joes

o

Costco.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here