SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

What is wrong with this picture?

Lars
11 years ago

Other than the fact that I forgot to take the tart out of the pan.

Answer: I forgot to add butter to the lemon curd! I haven't tasted yet, but there was plenty of butter in the crust, and when I tasted the curd that I scraped from the pan, it tasted fine, and I did not notice that it was missing the butter. I haven't cut the tart yet, and so I will find out tonight if it is okay. I searched and did find recipes for lemon curd without butter, and so it is probably all right. It was late at night when I finished it, and dinner was late because we were smoking a turkey breast and two chicken breasts, and they ended taking five hours, even though the turkey breast (deboned and rolled) was barely larger than one of the chicken breasts. We ended up eating leftover Indian food and some leftover roasted potatoes from Friday's salmon dinner.

I won't make this mistake again, unless I turn out to like the curd this way. It fit in the crust better, and that's when I noticed that I had left the butter out.

I haven't left out an ingredient like this in a long time, but it has happened from time to time, although usually I catch it before it is too late.

Lars

Comments (36)