SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wizardnm

2009 CF Ingredient Game

wizardnm
15 years ago

Please read through this and make any suggestions, corrections, or whatever...:)

2009 CF Ingredient Game

Every two weeks an ingredient commonly used in cooking will be posted on itÂs own thread. Participants will post comments, tips, recipes and pictures about the ingredient to that thread.

At the end of the two week period, weÂll have a virtual dinner. A virtual dinner in this case can be anything you want to make but needs to include the focus ingredient. Please post the recipe you used, unless you have already posted it earlier in the thread. Feel free to make comments, post pictures (encouraged) and have fun.

After the virtual dinner, the person who picked the ingredient will draw a name from all those that participated and that person will pick the next focus ingredient for the next two weeks. Just to keep things on a little bit of a schedule, it seems like Monday would be the best day for the new ingrdient post. That way Sunday is catch up day.

We want as many to participate as possible so I think we need to keep the focus ingredient non meat or seafood. Also keep in mind that some ethnic and regional ingredients are not available to all.

To get things started I'll pick the first focus ingredient on Monday. That would make our first virtual dinner date January 31 2009.

I hope this doesn't sound too complicated, it's not. I've been thinking about the idea needing a little structure so that we all know what to do.

Nancy

Comments (28)