SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lsr2002

Recipe for make ahead entree for guests

lsr2002
12 years ago

We have house guests arriving Wednesday for five or six nights - they are very good friends who will be here on business.

We will probably have four dinners with them. My problem is they will not be able to return to our house before 9:30 or 10:00 PM. Even though my endurance is so much better and still improving, I cannot cook at that hour - not even to the extent of searing sous vide meats and making a salad and simple veggie.

I need at least two entrees that I can make early in the day, along with a salad and separate dressing that I can leave in the fridge. Max will reheat an entree and steam a vegetable and get things on the table.

I would like to do some sort of a baked pasta, preferably with chicken. But I don't ordinarily make baked pastas and need a T&T recipe. I have no idea for a second entree???

The other two nights we have good neighborhood restaurants that serve until 10:00. They are very close and with an afternoon nap, I'll be OK just sitting and eating.

They are not picky eaters and I would like to do something nice for them - I'm really looking forward to their visit.

Thanks for your help!

Lee

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!