Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy Birthday Gram!

Posted by moonwolf (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 20, 14 at 17:44

Hi everyone,

My gram (dad's mother-the one whose lemonade that Annie loves lol) turns 84 today. My parents and I went to visit her and my uncle at their home earlier this afternoon and I took down a Mandarin Orange Cake I baked yesterday. Gram ate a piece and said it was good! After we left, my mom called gram after we got back from shopping and said that she got some company and that they ate some of the cake and they loved it too. Overall, it's been a very good day.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy Birthday Gram!

How sweet!! Being a Gram, I know how special you and your cake is to her. I hope you gave her a hug to go with it; grammys love hugs from their boys.

o

Brad, I hope you gave your Gram an extra hug for me, I owe her for that lemonade recipe.

I'll bet she loved the cake, but loved the fact that you made it for her even more. Happy, happy Birthday, Gram!

Annie

o

That was so sweet of you! I know how much she appreciated it.

o

Brad, I wish I could have been with you to wish your Gram a Happy Birthday and give her a hug. I know she really appreciated you making a cake, and a really good one, especially for her. You're a good grandson.

Madonna

o

Thank you, everyone!

I did give her a hug before my parents and I left for home.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here