Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to Find Garlic Juice or How to Make it.

Posted by twinkledome (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 11, 08 at 15:28

I saw a show on the Food Channel where they visited a BBQ joint that made a BBQ beef and used garlic juice for seasoning. I have been looking for it and haven't found garlic juice in any of the stores. Does anyone have a clue where I might find it, or, does anyone know how to make Garlic Juice?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to Find Garlic Juice or How to Make it.

twinkledome, I'm no expert, but maybe you should just try a garlic press and see if you are really going to like the recipe with garlic juice.
I really can't imagine how it would differ from just using minced garlic that you get in a grocery store in those small to large jars. Actually you could dip out the juice or strain/squeeze the whole jar for the juice if you're sure that is what you want.

o

I suggest using a microplane or a garlic press..the microplane will give you "smaller" bits of garlic..that will cook down to nothing.
I think I watched the same episode..and I was thinking "I've never seen garlic juice". LOL

o

I googled "garlic juice" and found this on the top of the list. It's out there!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garlic juice.

o

We sell it in our cooking store. It is just the juice of the squeezed garlic, no bits. Check cooking or gourmet stores. They should carry it. It is in the Italian section in our store. (8 oz bottle) NancyLouise

o

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. I see that the garlic juice that is sold comes in cases, so that is out. I love garlic, but!

NancyLouise: I am in So. Calif. I don't suppose your store would be, would it? I will call the Italian Deli and see if they carry the juice.

Otherwise, I guess I will be experimenting with presses, microplanes and chopped garlic in jars. Surely, something should work.

o

Sorry twink, I'm all the way on the other side of the country. I'm live and work in Maine. Good luck in your search, NancyLouise

o

You'll be better off substituting fresh garlic that you put through a garlic press or grate on a Microplane. Bottled garlic juice has an off flavor to it - almost like a metal or can flavor. Don't waste your time trying to find it.

Lars

o

I'm with Lars, my experience was the same. I never finished the bottle and finally threw it down the drain. Actually, I used it outside for bug maintenance.

o

Lars and mustangs: Thanks for the tip. I won't waste anymore time looking for it, nor will I waste my money that way.

Lars: Are you Swedish? If so, tak se micka (phonetics)

o

I don't have any tools to squeeze the garlic juice out can I use a blender??

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here