SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak2008

Debra's Soup Swap 2014

debrak2008
10 years ago

Today was my 2nd annual Soup swap party. I would say it was a success. Originally there was going to be 9 of us but one dropped out as her chicken chowder did not taste right to her and the weather prevented another from coming.

So there was 7 including myself. Each person brought 6 (1qt) containers of frozen soup. The varieties were Pasta Fagoli, Brocoli, Lemony egg with chicken, Slimming vegetable, beef vegetable, lentil, and cauliflower. I served chicken escarole and homemake rolls. I will post recipes if someone is interested.

We each talked about our soups. Nearly everyone made a change to the recipe either by accident or on purpose. We picked numbers and then took turns picking the soups. Everyone left with a variety of soups.

I love doing this and wish I would get invited to some food swaps!

Already planning for next year. Next year I will not serve a sit down lunch like I have done, but put out appetizers and desserts that everyone can just help themselves to. After two years I notice many people want to stay and visit but others need to leave. The buffet type of food would make it easier for those who need to swap and leave.

In two weeks I'm in a soup cook off! Need to decide on my soup.

Anyone else do soup swaps?

Comments (2)