SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
qmarker

Nesco Roaster Recipe Method???

qmarker
9 years ago

Love my Nesco & I've used it for years and years but I've never carmelized onions or made soup in it. So, I want to use my good old liquid ingredients but make in in my Nesco for the first time.

That's because I sold the house and along with it I sold my heavy duty cooking pot that I could saute in and then pop in the oven for the onions to carmelize.

So, here's the text or use the link to the Nesco recipe. I have 2 questions regarding the method only.

1. Will the onions caramelize this way or not? Otherwise I will do them the oven or stove top method.

2. I take it that the cover remains off until the very end of the instructions and not on at all for the onion portion. Is that what you see too?

Preheat Nesco Roaster Oven to 425F.
Melt half the butter and add enough onions to cover bottom of cookwell. Cook until softened stirring frequently.
As onions cook, add more until 5 cups have been cooked.
Then add other half of butter and continue adding remaining onions until all 10 cups are cooked.
Add salt and flour, stirring constantly to thicken.
Add bouillon and brandy. Stir well.
Reduce temperature to 400F.
Cover and cook 30 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350F. and continue to cook 1 hour. Serve with parmesan cheese.

To slow Cook:
Follow directions above until all ingredients are mixed together. Reduce heat to 200F. Cover and slow cook 6 to 8 hours.

Thanks - from an old cook!
Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Nesco

Comments (2)