Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Favorite store bought pasta?

Posted by angelaid (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 12:46

Copied and pasted from the Beef and Noodles thread.

"The fresh, store bought, pasta .. is it in the refrigerator section? Frozen? Favorite brand?"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Favorite store bought pasta?

I like Buitoni pasta for a national brand, and it is in the refrigerator section, but I make it more often than I buy it. If I buy it, I usually end up freezing it, and I have about three packages in the freezer at the moment.

If you can find local brands, they are usually fresher. I find them at Italian Delis, Surfas (restaurant supply), and Farmers' Markets.

Lars

o

The only refrigerated "pasta" that I've tried are those noodles that aren't really pasta. Low cal, low carb, etc. Nasty slimy things, definitely do NOT buy those...

Annie

o

Most pasta taste the same. For me, it's all up to how you cook them.

I do buy from Homegoods. Their "designer" pasta is fun for when you have guests.

dcarch

Here is a link that might be useful: Pasta

o

It is rare that a regular grocery will have more than one or two choices of fresh or fresh/frozen. Depends on your location but check or call local italian markets.
We pantry a few dried pastas of various qualities for quick meals, but for fresh we make our own.
I'd rather not pay a premium price for fresh when it is so simple to make. Dh made a batch last night so easily i'm not sure why we don't make it more often.

Here is a link to a recent discussion.

Here is a link that might be useful: pasta

o

I like the refrigerator pasta too.cooks quicker,tastier too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here