Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tgif

Posted by rob333 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 20, 12 at 12:43

Happy Friday everyone! I have absolultely no plans except to relax. Mommy is going to Decatur, AL to be with all her girlfriends from childhood,so she won't be around to go see a movie (like we often do, last week it was WarHorse), son is hanging out with his dad, sis is in LA, and the house is picked up. I have done all of the grocery shopping for the month. So I'm going to "rest". I might eat a bite or sew something (I have a blue million things cut out and even some basted together, so I could actually finish some projects!), but that's it. Ah quiet bliss. Raising my water and toasting to your weekend!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tgif

TGIF! That sounds like a perfect weekend, Robin.

Today's my Saturday...laundry, clean house. Later a snowy walk to the mailbox with cocoa and peppermint schnapps after. Ribs and baked beans slow cooking in the cookstove.

Tomorrow is work...it's movie day. We're showing the old and new True Grits, and having chili and fixin's.

Sunday, roads permitting, we'll head to Trader Joe's and drop off a load of the Kid's stuff at her new place.

Have a good weekend, all!

o

Happy Friday to you too! Nice that you have your shopping done - for what I've spent lately, I shouldn't have to shop for another week myself!

I've finally gotten my energy back from the virus I had, and I feel that I will be able to plant the trees that I bought two weeks ago! The semi-dwarf blood orange is going into a wine barrel planter, the semi-dwarf Kaffir lime is going into s 22" redwood planter (for now), and the dragon fruit cactus (Pitaya) is going into a very large decorative ceramic planter. I keep the citrus in planters on the concrete patio, which increases my growing space, and I think they do better there than in the soil that I have. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but perhaps we can do our potting anyway. Last week-end Kevin moved a lot of overgrown succulents from the back yard to the front yard, and we repotted a couple of hanging pots in the apple tree.

Clinking with my styrofoam cup of green tea! Wishing everyone the best week-end - it's supposed to be cold here, and so I won't be going out much. I'm still trying to use up what's in the fridge and freezer anyway. I have lots of nice dill growing now, and I've noticed a bunch of new chilies on some of my pepper plants, which makes me happy. I also have plenty of parsley, thyme, and cilantro growing, but that's not very exciting. I'm starting some new oregano plants because the old one is getting stagnant. My basil plants only have a few leaves yet, and I will try to use the last of them this week-end. After that, I will have to buy basil at TJ's.

Lars

o

It's cold here too, Lars, it was nearly 0F when I went to work this morning, but it got up to almost 15F this afternoon. We have some snow, it didn't snow here until about 2 weeks ago, so I was wondering if it were ever going to come. The ski resorts were wondering too, I think!

Katie, I've seen both True Grit movies. I liked the first one better, the ending of the newer one sucked, IMO. Plus, I didn't think they needed to shoot the horse, either!

Robin, enjoy your weekend, sometimes it's nice to just have a couple of days to do whatever we want. And with kids, those don't come that often either!

Tomorrow I'm roasting a bunch of soup bones and canning beef stock, I want to get my smaller freezer cleaned out and just run one. Sunday I'll go to the farm and play farmer for a while.

Next week is my last week at work, I'm retiring, so my first day of retirement is next Saturday, which I'll spend at Lowe's with the grandkids, building wooden dinosaurs at their free "clinic" for children.

I've got to get my house ready to put up for sale and then find a part time job, I think. I've worked full time or more since I was 14, and I've never been unemployed, so it won't take me long to get bored...

Well, except both the girls want me to babysit, the grandkids want me to come and play more, Dave says he needs someone to keep books at the garage, Elery would like me to spend more time at his house and steopmom just wants....everything. All the time. So maybe I'll have to go back to work just to get away from all of them!

So, clinking with my Diet Coke, to all my friends here.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here