Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spatchcocking is in for 2014!

Posted by debrak2008 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 1, 14 at 11:00

The Washington Post published their In/Out list for 2014. I don't even know who/what most of the items on either list are but noticed a few food and drink related.

These are IN for 2014.

Spatchcocking - I feel very with it as I tried this for the first time late 2013.

Drinking vinegars -

Egg creams -

Distilling -

Breakfast - Have it every day, lol.

Cauliflower - I get another point on this one. Hate cauliflower but made "mock" mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving and actually ate some of it. Not bad.

Gourmet marijuana recipes -

Allspice Dram

What do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: W. Post In/Out list 2014

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spatchcocking is in for 2014!

Gourmet Marijuana recipes sounds good. Only way i could consume the thing is eat or drink it. When I was 4 years old I told my chainsmoking mother I had to smoke. She let me take a pull of her cigarette. I did inhale and it put me off cigarettes for 12 years. Second try at 16 put me off smoking for life.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Stoner's Cookbook

o

Well, I'll go with spatchcocking, LOL.

I can't imagine enjoying drinking vinegar, even the good stuff, and since I don't like shakes or smoothies I can't imagine I'd much like egg cream either. No distilling here, I don't drink. I do have breakfast sometimes but the only way I'll eat cauliflower is roasted. Marijuana is illegal and expensive and I don't know what it tastes like. I guess I'll stick with oregano instead.

I feel so out of touch.....so.....so....2013. (grin)

Annie

o

DH mentioned brussel sprouts and said yum! I admit I never make as to me they skink to me. I told him brussel sprouts were the OUT vegetable and cauliflower was the IN veggie now. He said he still likes brussel sprouts. Today as a surprize I'm going to buy and make some for dinner.

Marijuana is becoming legal in many states so I think that is what promoted the "gourmet recipes". If you are in one of those states not only do you have to worry about what you eat at parties because of food allergies but you will have to worry about getting stoned, LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here