SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_slamm

Food of Aveyron?

agmss15
9 years ago

Hi - I have a friend who goes to France several times a year. I may pull it together to visit her there this spring. The general plan is to stay for a few days in Paris and then go to her home in Boulliac. Any recommendations of food specialities to look for there? I think they generally eat at home there - I know they put in a garden in the spring.

I hope I can make this work. Dogs cats gardens and mostly a difficult stepmother may interfere. I was only in Europe once visiting my uncle and aunt in Italy. I remember a stopover in Paris where a baggage truck whacked into the plane because of a teensy bit of snow. Amusing to my 12 yr old Mainer expert self.

Thanks, Amanda

Comments (2)

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    9 years ago

Often I just rented a car and drove around. Finding Bed & breakfast to eat and to stay. Good food, nothing fancy, nothing expensive.

One time I rented an apartment and cooked half the time, and ate out the other half.

dcarch

• Islay_Corbel
    9 years ago

The Aveyron top ten!
    1.Aligot. This is mash potato heaven - cooked with a fresh Tomme cheese. Go on a diet BEFORE going on holiday!

2.Roquefort cheese

3. Farçous - little veggie cakes

4. Tripous - based on calf stomachs

5. Estofinade - dish made of salt cod

6. Gateau ÃÂ la broche - cake that'smade in an amazing way by pouring batter over a turning support - many layers

7. Fouace - like a brioche

8. Soupe au fromage - thick bread and cheese soup

9. La flaune - a sort of cheesecake

1. Les Echaudés - a sort of little cake - aniseed flavour that gets boiled, then baked.