Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Slapping self upside the head..........

Posted by lindac (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 15, 07 at 19:00

The other day I spent a good hour polishing the silver candleabras, hadn't really had a good polish in maybe 3 years.....and buying 6 candles of just the right color, and putting them in the candleabras....and I filled the glass compote with fruit...mostly real but a few fakes in there...pomgranets and key limes, lemons and Clementines...and then I decorated the chandelier...I draped it, artfully of course) with fake greenery and casually put on a bunch of strings of gold beads that look like thay were applied with no thought...just casually put up...and stood abck to admire my work....and realized that if the candles are lit, the chandeliere goes up in a blaze, and if I move the candleabra out from under the chandeliere, the people at the end of the table will have them in their face...
Sooo back to the drawing board!
Ever make something that looks great....but just won't work for the intended purpose?
Linda C

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Slapping self upside the head..........

Story of my life, Linda, I just can't set a table. Usually my centerpieces end up on people's plates :) but this is the gallery SO WHERE'S THE PICTURES???? I'd love to see your table!

o

She slapped herself silly

o

I realized that with the 2 leaves we would need in the table...it would all work just fine!
See the silliness pictures.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here