Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A visit to Chicago and a forum friend

Posted by annie1992 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 25, 07 at 18:13

OK, so I'm way behind. For Christmas I gave Elery tickets to Phantom of the Opera in Chicago and we took the train there.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency, he got a travel deal for $99, and this was our view of Lake Michigan and Navy Pier.

Photobucket

We went to othe top of the John Hancock building and looked out over the city;

Photobucket

We found a big metal moose, and a friendly Chicago police officer:

Photobucket

Photobucket

My favorite part, though, was a visit with Peppi, who came to meet us from her office Christmas party. We talked so much I forgot to take pictures of the jambalaya we had for supper, but Elery took a picture of Peppi and I:

Photobucket

I came on the train and was a bit limited as to what I could drag along, LOL, but Peppi brought me gifts. A bottle of ice wine (which we drank in the room later that night), some brownies (went well with the wine after the theater, LOL) and some homecanned goodies, red peppers and strawberry/apple spread.

Photobucket

It was Elery's first trip to Chicago and he enjoyed it a lot, especially meeting Peppi. The Phantom was very good and we bought cookies at a little Italian deli under the John Hancock building.

We had a great time, but he did agree with me that a couple of days was enough. There was a hot tub and a cold bottle of wine waiting for us at his house, and so we were happy to come home.

Thank you, Peppi, for meeting us and for the goodies!

Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A visit to Chicago and a forum friend

Another fun meeting, and a show! Great visit, Annie! You sure do get around a lot these days!

o

That's a beautiful view from the hotel room Annie! I don't see any snow! It looks like Elery and you had a wonderful time seeing Phantom, and meeting up with Peppi was the icing on the cake. Traveling this time of year is fun - glad you enjoyed it.
DONNA

o

What a great getaway. I love the music from Phantom. I never get tired of it.

I am so happy to see the picture of Peppi. (I already know what you look like, Annie. You're still adorable).

o

Annie, it was great seeing you again. One note: the peppers are marinaded and work really well in one of our favorite chicken dishes, a Giambota. Just brown some bird, place in a roasting pan, dump the pepper and some onions, mushrooms, and quartered potaotes. SPrinkle Italian herbs and garlic and douse with balsamic vinegar. Bake until the chicken is done, about 45 minutes and serve.

Give Elery a hug from me, and next time lets make it a longer visit.

o

Peppi, you're right, the visit needs to be longer.

That chicken dish sounds perfect, more healthy than fudge and brownies and wine, LOL, now that it's time to get back to reality and away from Christmas baking.

I'll be sure to give Elery an extra hug from you, right after I'm done hugging him myself, LOL. He had to work on Christmas and will be here Friday evening.

Annie

o

Beautiful pictures Annie. Chicago is a natural for some great shots, and you sure did have a view.

It's so true that when we often meet, the visit goes so fast and the mouths work more than the cameras. (thank goodness for Elery!)

o

I can't believe I missed this! Great pictures! I really like the one of you two together.

o

Beautiful views of a beautiful city (and two beautiful women, of course), Annie! I am sure you had a blast, Peppi is so much fun to hang out with.

I am surprised there is no snow in your pix, too. Erin said they got slammed just before she came home for the holidays....

Linda

o

It was worth the wait... Although, I would have liked to see pics of you guys in the hot tub... LOL

Rita

o

Looks like a great time, Annie. I love the view of the city. Great picture of you and Peppi, too. What a great Christmas present for Elery.

Brenda

o

Chicago, Peppie, Phantom, what a great little getaway.

Need hot tub pictures!!!!!

Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here