SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
notenoughroses_gw

Kitchen table - before the gingerbread decorating party

notenoughroses
17 years ago

DS's 5th birthday is the day after Christmas, but we had his party yesterday. I have always wanted to host a children's Christmas party - but didn't want to do two parties in one month. So -- this year I decided to embrace his (almost) Christmas birthday and have a gingerbread decorating birthday party. We just invited five best friends over, as our table seats six. It was the perfect amount of kids! DS actually decorated a gingerbread train and the other kids decorated houses. I 'roped' off the kitchen area until it was time to decorate.

(There was discussion on the main cooking side about the new Wilton train molds. I really, really want to buy that! However, I had just bought the gingerbread house mold for the party. I think I will still buy the train. But for the party, I went ahead with the train kit from Target for DS. I baked a chocolate cake in the Wilton gingerbread house mold - for the adults, as the kids already had enough sugar with the candy!! - dusted the finished cake with powdered sugar. It was beautiful!) ~ Suzie

Image link:

Comments (2)