Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Farmers' Market & Lunch

Posted by canarybird (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 11, 06 at 15:47

Yesterday I met my friend Anne who has just arrived back from her summer/fall stay in England. I picked her up as well as another lady friend and we went to the main city farmers' market, a supermarket and a frozen food store. Had a great time shopping around and we managed to fill my car with food. I was thrilled to find that the frozen food shop ....(amazing place) had pork spareribs - not salted pork - from the Spanish mainland, an unbelievable selection of fish, meats, frozen berries and fruit mixes. I'm definitely going back there again. I bought spareribs which we'll have for Sunday dinner.

We hadn't planned on having lunch together so I took the girls home and as it was late, Wolf and I decided to walk up the street and try out a pretty little place which has just reopened - a small Andaluz-style cafe with German ownership which advertised homemade lentil soup with wieners. It was pleasant there and although we had to wait for the food to heat, the lentils were good.

Here's the photos together in a small album......I'll be posting pics of the market fruit & veg tomorrow. The mangoes were heavenly! The market women were handing out lovely slices for us to taste at each stall......so juicy....we all bought some!

SharonCb

Here is a link that might be useful: Farmers' Market & Lunch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Farmers' Market & Lunch

Sharon, I have got to get to Tenerife some day. It just looks like heaven. What a pretty market.

I was at the Reading Terminal Market in Philaelphia last week and wished I had a camera with me. It's a very special place, but has more of a gritty city quality than your spot.

How nice to be able to just walk up the street to a charming cafe. Thanks for sharing these glimpses of your life.

o

I just love all those fresh vegetables and fruits you have and I remember you said that you couldn't find unsalted pork spare ribs, so I'm happy you've found a place to get them. If I lived with all those little restaurants, though, I probably wouldn't cook very much.

So, did you have ribs yesterday?

Annie

o

It's good to see that Ann is back!

Beautiful and enjoyable, as always.

o

I love yur pictures, and hope to visit there someday because of your wonderful travelogues.

o

I'm going to stow away some day and jump ship at the Canary Islands! It is eternal paradise in spring where you live.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here