SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canarybird01

Farmers' Market & Lunch

canarybird01
17 years ago

Yesterday I met my friend Anne who has just arrived back from her summer/fall stay in England. I picked her up as well as another lady friend and we went to the main city farmers' market, a supermarket and a frozen food store. Had a great time shopping around and we managed to fill my car with food. I was thrilled to find that the frozen food shop ....(amazing place) had pork spareribs - not salted pork - from the Spanish mainland, an unbelievable selection of fish, meats, frozen berries and fruit mixes. I'm definitely going back there again. I bought spareribs which we'll have for Sunday dinner.

We hadn't planned on having lunch together so I took the girls home and as it was late, Wolf and I decided to walk up the street and try out a pretty little place which has just reopened - a small Andaluz-style cafe with German ownership which advertised homemade lentil soup with wieners. It was pleasant there and although we had to wait for the food to heat, the lentils were good.

Here's the photos together in a small album......I'll be posting pics of the market fruit & veg tomorrow. The mangoes were heavenly! The market women were handing out lovely slices for us to taste at each stall......so juicy....we all bought some!

SharonCb

Here is a link that might be useful: Farmers' Market & Lunch

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor