SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Party on, Princess. Party on, Bud.

annie1992
14 years ago

Oh yeah, Saturday was the annual dual birthday party for the grandkids. The Monkey Princess saw a Princess cake at the local bakery, made with one of those WonderMold things from Wilton, nothing else would do. So, I made the Princess a Princess cake. Note the background? Yeah, the party was in Dave's garage, LOL, that way when the kids ground the chocolate cake into the floor it could just be hosed off:

Bruvver got a train cake from his Great Grandma, my mother. She got creative and put pictures of him in the windows "driving" the train, LOL. he loved it.

I made cupcakes with scary eyes and bats, because it was close to Halloween and the kids like cupcakes to carry around:

In another nod to halloween, I made a big ole' plate of brains and worms. Oh yes, that's Jello.....

Ashley bought Bud a Nerf crossbow, and then spent most of the day playing with it. Tell her she shouldn't shoot her Grandmother, it's not nice. That's my mother here, all 4'10" of her, she's gonna kick Ashley's butt....

Bud had fun hanging with his buddy, cousin Xander:

Amanda and David's mother, Doreen:

Makayla and my great niece, Savannah:

the Princess and Elery:

The Princess blows out her candles:

I think she must have wished for a lot of presents, because she got them!

That's a bunch of cousins with her, including Xander's big sister Cara, my great-niece Savannah and her cousins Autumn and Summer.

Bud got his share of gifts too, even ones that Ashley didn't play with. He mostly liked to drive his cars on the new picnic table that my nephew Philip built for them. Philip is the father of Xander and Cadence, here with Bud:

so another year and another birthday, has come and gone. The Princess is 6 now, Bud is 4. Oh, and he's going to be a pretty darned good hunter, Aunt Ashley has him well taught on how to aim that Nerf crossbow!

And the hit gift of the party? The Fisher Price digital camera that Elery got Makayla. Now she wants to come to my house and put all her pictures on my computer, LOL.

Annie

Comments (22)