SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcarch7

Reflections On A Soup

I have said that there are simple things you can do which doesn't entail a great deal of time and money to give you more options to achieve desirable photo effects.
One of the annoying things with picture taking is unwanted reflections. You can buy a polarizing filter for your lens and significantly eliminate them. The filter is not expensive from $5.00 to $20. Just find one that fits your lens screw mount.

The following side-by-side photos of a soup I made which show identical lighting, exposure, and angle of shot for the pictures. By changing the rotation of the filter, you can cut out a significant amount of unwanted reflections. This can give you better saturation of colors and sharper definition of you subject.

As I remember, some time ago Lars was saying that he had problems photographing samples for his work. I think with a polarizing filter, many of his issue would go away.

And BTW, SharonCB has done an amazing job in putting together a professional series of tutorials. Look for them here.

dcarch

Comment