Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sarah smiles!

Posted by phyllis_philodendron (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 27, 06 at 22:21

Hey, isn't that a song by Hall and Oates? Oh Lord...

Anyway, I finally got a picture of her smiling. DH says he can't tell if she's actually smiling or getting ready to scream (which she does a lot of). Her colic is finally dying down and the evenings are getting a little less stressful. Thank goodness!

She was seven weeks old yesterday. :)

Image link: Sarah smiles! (55 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sarah smiles!

Great picture - what a cutie! (It's a smile if you say it's a smile!)

o

What an adorable little princess! I think it's a smile - you can see the glee in her eyes.

Alexa

o

Yep....that's a definitly happy face!
What a cutie....and I still haven't seen a picture of her perfect little feet!!
Love the lavandar overalls!
Linda C

o
RE: Sarah smiles! Yes!

Yep....that's a definitly happy face!
What a cutie....and I still haven't seen a picture of her perfect little feet!!
Love the lavandar overalls!
Linda C

o

Phyliss, She is lovely! And yes, that's a smile if I've ever seen one.

o

Looks like a smile to me. So cute.

Ann

o

Ahh, the story of those overalls!

When she was first born my aunt and uncle came up to visit and brought some nice baby clothes that included a terry cloth sleeper. Since then I have received two identical sleepers!

I returned the second one and bought a cute little fleece outfit. Then DH's parents came for a visit and brought a gift. As soon as MIL showed me the box (wrapped) I just KNEW it was another one of those sleepers. I opened it up and GUESS WHAT, it was! I thanked her and made a mental note: Return as soon as humanly possible. LOL

So we drove in a snowstorm (the day Western New York got bombed in early October) to the nearest Bon TOn and exchanged the sleeper for those overalls, which I loved. They were more expensive and I was willing to pay the difference just to get out of the store, then they rang up on sale and the difference was like $1.50. Thank you, MIL! :)

o

Now that is a smile and a half. Adorable. I think purple is her color.

o

We got another gift today - I wonder if it's the famous sleeper?? :p

o

LOL, Phyllis, if it's "THE sleeper" I'm gonna just crack up.

That's definitely a smile, what a beautiful little girl. I remember sitting up with Makayla who had colic, rocking at 3 a.m. and watching James Bond movies while Amanda and David slept on the couch. LOL Good thing I'm an insomniac!

I'm glad your evenings are getting more peaceful. She's beautiful and perfect.

Annie

o

Phyllis, she's definitely a keeper! Great smile, and such a beautiful little girl, who looks so pretty in purple.

o

Good job Phyliss....you produced a real doll face!

Wonderful smile

Nancy

o

Oh Phyllis - THAT's a happy baby - she's gorgeous! I can't believe she's 7 wks old already!

o

Yep, that is definitely a smile! What a sweetie!

Linda

o

she is a cutie.

o

Very beautiful! Wouldn't that be cute to have Sarah and Maggie's smiles side be side?

My little GD will be here in 4 weeks. I can't wait.

o

Oh yeah, Annie, we were watching The Jeffersons on TV Land for the longest time. I have found she does better when I bring her into bed to feed her in the middle of the night - she doesn't stay awake then! Whew.

I'll have to take more pictures. I had tons of David when he was this age. Of course it doesn't help when they can't really do anything but flop around and smoosh their faces into the floor when you're trying to take their picture...LOL.

o

Phyllis,

Sooo cute! I'm sure it is a smile and not gas.

Been there and done that, DD had colic. It is almost 31 years and I still shudder thinking about my sleep deprivation. All we had on tv at 4:00 in the morning in those days was agricultural news. That's when I first learned about long feathered chickens. Oy!

Rene

o

That's a beautiful smile, and it brought a big one to my face!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here