SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

A time to party: Bud turns one, Makayla is three.

annie1992
17 years ago

Well, this weekend was it, the big birthday party for the grandkids. Although Amanda cooked a great meal with homegrown ham, au gratin potatoes, baked beans, fresh veggies for dipping, and I baked rolls and birthday cakes, we didn't think to take pictures of any of the food. Figures....

We did get pictures of the kids and the cakes, though. Makayla helped me, she put the sprinkles on Bud's cupcakes:

{{gwi:1471085}}

Then she spread a copious layer of frosting on her own "Under the Sea Mermaid" cake. She loved the cake, I was less impressed, probably because I forgot all my decorating tips and had to decorate the whole blasted thing with nothing but ziplock bags with the corners cut off. Ah well, she was happy.

{{gwi:1471086}}

She dunked "Mom's" rosebud cakes in glaze and was happy with the results:

{{gwi:1471087}}

The day of the party she helped me assemble Bud's cupcake tree and putting the finishing touches on her own cake:

{{gwi:1471088}}

{{gwi:1471089}}

Sadie helped by trying to swipe anything she could find. Remembering the Christmas Cookie fiasco, we kept her away from the table:

{{gwi:1471090}}

Before everyone arrived, the birthday girl put on her birthday princess crown:

{{gwi:1471091}}

Guests began to arrive. Many of you will remember Linsey, the down syndrome baby with all the heart problems. She's healthy, happy and friendly, in spite of all the doctors dire warnings:

{{gwi:1471092}}

Maykayla donned her "shades" to post with cousins Tommy and KayLynn:

{{gwi:1471093}}

My nephew Philip came with his son, Zander. The little devil costume is most appropriate, BTW:

{{gwi:1471095}}

Time for cake. Bud enjoyed his cake greatly, and he was appropriately impressed by his sister's decorating ability.

{{gwi:1471097}}

{{gwi:1471099}}

{{gwi:1471100}}

Makayla blew out all her candles, one at a time.

{{gwi:1471101}}

Even Dad got into the party mood, wearing the prerequisite "birthday crown". LOL. David's gonna kill me for posting this!

{{gwi:1471102}}

What a perfect birthday, lots of food, lots of cake, lots of presents, lots of happy children and contended adults. Happy Birthday to my daughter, my Grand Monkey Makayla and the Big Guy.

Annie

Comments (22)