Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grandpa cooks 5000 pies

Posted by bunnyman (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 10, 07 at 0:55

These nice young gals are standing in front of their grandpa's handywork. He has some help from the other guys at a local fraternal organization. Together they have put out thousands of pumpkin pies which are sold at a local pumpkin festival. Spices have to be purchased from the local Amish community because only they have 50lbs of pumpkin pie spice for sale. Pie filling is mixed up in 5 gallon batches with a paint mixer attached to a power drill.... talk about a stick blender! Many of the pies are sold before they are made as local people put in pre-orders. The rest are sold from a booth at the local festival.

... some of the good people in my family

: )
lyra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grandpa cooks 5000 pies

Oh! Wow !!....and what kind of an oven do they use?
Beautiful little girls....those eyes are amazing!
Linda C

o

Beautiful!!
And the pies are nice too!

o

My goodness! That is a BAKE sale! Gorgeous girls!

o

I've never seen so many pies, LOL, that is really amazing with a capital "A". The girls are really beautiful - nieces?

o

What you see are the pies hot out of the oven. They are packed up soon as they cool. Both convection and regular ovens are used to process as many pies as possible.

Nieces! They grow up so quickly.

: )
lyra

o

Those nieces of yours are adorable -- and what an undertaking with the pies! Amazing - thanks for sharing.

o

Oh my, Michael, those nieces of yours have beautiful eyes. Of course, they are beautiful girls.

Wow, 5,000 pies, that kind of boggles my mind! I love pumpkin pie, though, yum.

Annie

o

Wow, amazing pie story and the girls are both gorgeous!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here