SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

The Reception

annie1992
15 years ago

OK, so I finally got around to it, LOL.

I spent a couple of days before just cooking. Everything in my kitchen was running, including the bread machine, the mixer and the food processor!

I worked and worked on the fondant, with help from Sol, thank goodness.

So we had lots of cake. My "wedding" cake was Pixiestix' Hot Milk Cake, one of my favorites. The sheet cake with blue frosting was Sherry's carrot cake and the chocolate sheet cake was Colleen's recipe:

We cut the cake:

Some people ate:

Some, like my sisters' boys, were better at drinking:

Some had so darned much fun they just fell asleep, like my great niece Cadaence and my cousin's daughter, Madelyn:

We had surprise visitors too. Elery's son Chris came, with his wife Sorah and their kids, Jamieson and Jackson:

Oh, you want to see those OTHER surprise guests, LOL. OK, Nancy and Kim came, I was so happy to see them both:

Sherry and Roger came too, and so I was doubly happy:

We danced, lots, first Elery and I:

Then Elery danced with my stepmom, Shirley:

My cousin Denny danced with my Aunt Betty:

Pretty much everyone danced "the Locomotion", LOL, except me, I was taking pictures!

Ashley taught some of the kids to dance "low, low, low", whatever that song is:

Then she decided to sing, with help from my great-nephew, Xander:

Then she danced with Elery, until she was so tired she didn't have enough energy left to help wash dishes at the end of the party. Uh huh.....

In spite of explicit instructions, SOME PEOPLE brought presents. Yeah, that's a box from Penzey's, from Sherry and Roger:

Inside was my favorite four peppercorn blend and that wonderful Penzey's cinnamon. I was out of cinnamon too, Sherry must be psycho....um....er.....psychic. Anyway, I made cinnamon bread tonight with some of that cinnamon.

then a beautifully wrapped silver box, it didn't weigh very much. Inside, though, a treasure:

Nancy said she used hers a lot for tomatoes, so Elery gave it a test run, he LOVES it.

He says he'll leave it with me, though, and use it when he's here. What a good man and what a nice gift.

There weren't as many people as I expected, the guys mostly were "getting ready" to go bear hunting, which means they went north to the cabin and drank....um....I mean cleaned up. Yeah, that's it. Their wives all came and had a great time, though. (grin)

So, we're safely married, happily partied and now I'm waiting for married life to get boring. We'll see.

Thanks Sherry, Roger, Nancy and Kim, the gifts were lovely but just having you there with us was the best gift of all.

Annie

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor