Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wine and cheese, a ship, a ring, a proposal...

Posted by annie1992 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 11, 07 at 1:26

I'm finally back from my "mystery weekend". Elery surprised me by taking me away for Labor Day weekend, we went to Traverse City to that winery we stopped at earlier this summer. The grapes were just getting ripe

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They were also making raclette, a cheese that's won a lot of international awards.

We bought a chunk to share at the Michigan Run next weekend, and watched them make it:

They age the cheese in a "cave" in the side of the hill:

We did the "expensive" wine tasting this time, 2 tastes for $5. I had the Ice Wine, at $92.50 a bottle I knew I'd never drink it otherwise, LOL, and it was actually pretty darned good. It's made from frozen grapes and they explained that they only get about 5-10% of the juice from the frozen grapes that they would get from fresh ones, that's why it's so expensive. I also had some maple infused wine which I really liked and Elery thought needed pancakes. (grin) He had apricot brandy and a pear infused brandy. I thought they were both nasty but there's no accounting for taste. LOL

We left the winery with a bottle of hard cider and one of the maple wine for the "wine tasting" on Saturday night during the Michigan Run, and went to our next destination. It was the "tall ship" Manitou, for a dinner cruise out on Grand Traverse Bay. Manitou is a 110 foot, 3 masted sailing clipper, restored and used for these cruises:

The crew put the sails up pretty quickly and we were on our way:

At that point I should have known something was up, because Elery had convinced the Captain to let me steer the ship. While I was at the wheel, in the middle of the Bay, he got down on one knee and proposed.

I was surprised and embarrassed, he did it in front of the crew and about 40 other passengers, one of whom just happened to be the daughter of my next door neighbor! He talked her into taking pictures. I told him I should have said "I hope you can return that ring". He said I should have said that, he could have gotten sympathy drinks for the rest of the cruise! At any rate, we got a picture of both of us, thanks to Heather:

We had just enough time for dinner and the sunset on the Bay, which was as beautiful as always:

I tried to get a picture of the ring, but my camera won't take a picture that close. Elery will be here Wednesday and says he'll bring his camera, maybe that will be better.

Anyway, it's two separate rings, one white gold and one yellow gold that intertwine. The yellow gold has a big solitaire and the white gold band has 10 side diamonds, five on each side of the solitaire. Elery says that symbolizes his two hands, holding my heart safe. I didn't even laugh at him, but I did punish him by making him go camping with me, the girls and the grandkids!

So, my weekend was a surprise, certainly. He thinks we should get married "tomorrow". I told him at least a year. Neither of us can retire for at least 3 years and even if we were married right now nothing would change, we'd each be in our respective homes and jobs. It'll wait...

Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wine and cheese, a ship, a ring, a proposal...

Oh Annie Annie....that was a perfect weekend!

Congratulations to you both and a big hug for Elery for giving you such a good time and proposing to you in such a romantic way...bended knee and all!

The photos are lovely and you both look so happy!

Best wishes for your future together.

I'm sure your guardian angels were smiling down and helping to arrange this love match!

SharonCb

o

Oh Annie, that's wonderful news! Congratulations to you and Elery. You both look very happy.

He sure does know how to plan things. It looks like it was a wonderful weekend.

I can't wait to see your beautiful ring.

Tracey

o

Wow wow wow. I feel like I just read a good book. You are a wonderful couple!
Congratulations Annie. Really and truly, I'm just so happy for you.

o

Owwww! How sweet. Congratulations!

o

I wanna be a bridesmaid! Is there such a thing as a virtual bridesmaid?

Happy news! I am very happy for the two of you! Congratulations to Annie and Elery, all the best!

Annie, you're not just gaining a fiance, your gaining a food processor and a blender, LOL!

Carol

o

Oh Annie...I didn't even read the story with the pix (will go back in a sec) Just scrolled to the bottom to get to the good stuff. Congratulations to both of you, you must both be so happy!

(Carol.... LOL)Thanks Sharon for giving us all a heads up!

Janet

o

YAHOO!!!!!! YIPEEE!!!! I had a sneaking feeling that soething was up!

Congrats to you both. If anyone deserves happiness and lasting, loving companionship it is you Annie! The ring sounds gorgeous now I can go back and read the whole story!

o

"Elery says that symbolizes his two hands, holding my heart safe"

Be still my heart~

Who could ask for anything more?

I am so happy for you!:)

o

Annie, I am laughing and crying at the same time (I really am, guess I am not such a tough old broad after all). I bet Elery was disappointed that you aren't getting married right away!
AND, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Carol's idea of being a virtual bridesmaid! Maybe we could plan a virtual wedding here on the forum! Oh My Goodness, that could be interesting and fun!
Anyway, I will be delighted to meet him next weekend. I think you found a treasure. The pictures really are gorgeous. People have no idea how beautiful our lovely state is, and how our lakes are actually freshwater "oceans."
Congratulations Annie. However, aren't there any jobs where he lives for intelligent educated women? (just a thought)
Sherry

o

It doesn't get more wonderful than this! I wish you abundant joy and a long life together.

Eileen, another bridesmaid hopeful.

o

I sense another forum get-together....grin....what a wedding THAT would be! Where's Mustangs, our fearless organizer?

o

First off, Elery is getting better looking with every picture!

What a fabulous weekend and so romantic! myheart

I am so happy for you both!!

Michelle

o

Oh, Annie!!! How beautiful! Congratulations!!!

o

Oh, wow, this is wonderful! I love the picture of the two of you embracing, with the dark blue lake behind you. You both look beautiful!

o

Congratulations! Ummmmm, did you say "yes"? You didn't really say in your post :)

I think "tomorrow" sounds like a great day for a wedding and I've already got the dress!

o

Oh Annie, I totally missed this!!! I KNEW you'd be next, even before I saw this post! Whoo-peeeee!

Congrats, congrats, congrats! You both look soooo happy! Good girl, take your time and let it sink in (Steve and I were engaged for a year and a half).

I'm so happy for you! So I'm with Woodie, what did you say??????

o

Ringshming...your face says it all Annie.

I've got tears in my eyes and joy in my heart for you. A HUGE hug to you both. Maureen

o

Oh Annie!! Words cannot explain how excited I am for you! I got a big lump in my throat too! I'm so very happy for you both.

Tell your boss that I want to hug her neck for making you join that dating club thingy.

I sure hope I get an invitation. I love the kinds of weddings in Michigan that you have shown us here on the CF. LOL!

o

Kinda knew this was coming, but I'm thrilled for you. It has been so wonderful to watch this real-life storybook romance as it unfolded and to know that the last page will read: "And they lived happily ever after!" Nobody deserves it more than you, Annie!

p.s. Your "Prince Charming" is very handsome, too! You two look so "right" together.

p.p.s. I wanna be a virtual bridesmaid, too.
Sue

o

Gee, I was wondering if you were EVER going to post the news! I've just been overjoyed for you, you know that! Elery is such a romantic...get used to it! Congratulations to you both!

o

Congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you both.

I'm glad you told him "at least a year"...we need time to plan this special event! I'm so excited for you both.

Nancy

o

Congratulations! What a neat way to propose, and a wonderful weekend.

Sally

o

How romantic! Congratulations to you both. :)

o

Congratulations! What a romantic proposal. Loads of happiness to you both.
Jo

o

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!

Congratulations to the the both of you. I am just thrilled for you.

P.S. I call getting to pee on the DJ!

o

Sniffle sniffle -- tears of joy. I feel like I just read a fairy tale that ends "and the princess and her charming prince lived happily ever after." Sigh.

How wonderful for both you and Elery. Just promise me -- no Redneck Bonanza.

o

And my very best wishes to you two, too!! Whatever I would say has already been said!!
Cheeze....feel like a college girl....when's the candle passing...or should we all gather in a circle and sing I Love you Truly?...Something!!
Linda C

o

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh doing the happy dance around the room!

HUGE HUGS!!!

o

WOW! Congratulations! What a thrill... for you and vicariously for all of us!

Hugs from me and the puppies, too!

o

Well, for those inquiring minds, I did say yes. Kind of. I said "Well, next October would be nice, an autumn wedding so we're not too hot in dress up clothes". LOL

Does that give everyone enough time? Oh yeah, definitely a forum get-together celebration during the Michigan Run, we can celebrate Sherry's 39th anniversary and my engagement all at once. I figure if I live to be 100 or so, I'll be able to stay married 39 years. (grin)

Jayne, you and some others are actually close enough to BE bridesmaids. I'd PAY dishesdone to come, she could bring the silly string! Actually, we're figuring a small wedding and BIG PARTY, since it's not the first marriage for either of us.

AM, I am so counting on you and I will NOT warn the DJ. LOL

Annie

o

what exciting news; how are the girls taking it?

o

Congratulation Annie!!!!!! You guys do look like the movie star couple and what a beautiful night.

So everyone when will the virtual bridal shower or engagement party be..now that would be interesting to hold on the web, wouldn't it.

YEAH for Annie and Elery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi

o

Oh puhleeze.
Like you guys didn't see this coming a mile away, when Elery dragged Annie to every foodist colony within a hundred mile radius, and then gifted her with a copper bowl, on their first date?

AB, loved every picture. Btw, waiting a year to get married is a very wise decision. It'll give you even more time to learn everything there is to know about this lovely man. If not, you could always inject him with Sodium Pantothal.

Congratulations Annie and Elery!
I'll bet Ashley's been doing cartwheels all weekend long. I would too, but my insurance won't cover it.

Elery, you're a romantic devil indeed. Big Hugs to you both!

Sol

o

Mitch, the girls are ecstatic. They love him, and Bud and Makayla both love him too.

Ashley just financed her first car last week, Elery was sitting on the couch with me. She was on the phone with the bank and said "I'm here at home with my parents". He just grinned.

He's very romantic, his kids say he's the "Nacho Man". Corny and cheesy, LOL. Dishesdone is about to break into a chorus of "nacho, nacho man, I just wanna be a nacho man". (snicker) Sol can join in, it'll be the wedding processional!

Annie

o

Oh, Annie, tears in my eyes! You sound like such a wonderful couple and he sounds like a truly nice, compassionate man with a great sense of humor. That alone will take you far! I'm wishing you both the best always and am just so happy for you!
LOL Arabella! Think this might be a different type of affair, what do you think?!

o

awwwww - awwwwwwwwww - awwwwwwww!!! What wonderful news!!! You are a beautiful couple and deserve each other.

Congratulations to you both!

Stacy

o

What fabulous news!

Congrats to both of you and many years of happiness. What a terrific guy you snagged - he knows all the right stuff to do and say and the right buttons to push!

Too cool!

Alexa

o

Congratulations

I teared up too..and never do that..
Couldn't happen to a more deserving lady!

o

So many things are going through my head! Is this our first Forum Member wedding? Just think, you already have a wedding template to follow...the Redneck Bonanza that you shared with us, that should make it easier. October in Michigan ain't bad! You had better have a large reception hall. You said not many/any hotels in the area, that's okay, we can commute. We could make the food. Some many decisions!

Congratulations Annie!!!

o

WOW! What wonderful news, and beautiful pics! The best to you, you look so happy!

o

(ROFL Cathy - see my post above)

o

Annie, I feel I know you and your family so well through this site. I am so happy for you, Elery and the girls! Congrats!!!!...and I am so happy for you...heck...I even have tears in my eyes!

LOL...Nacho man....very cute.

Duane

o

What a sweetie and a romantic.

Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing the day and the special moment.

Sue...just a recent lurker

o

Congratulations to both of you! You two sound like a match made in heaven! Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!

Shelley

o

Annie,

May the bond that you feel with Elery be strengthened with each new day.

God bless you both and continued years of growth and happiness.

Congratulations!
Maryanne

o

OMG, what hasn't been said already?! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm hardly surprised, it has seemed so right from the very start!
What a wonderful man! Such a romantic proposal! I think you could make a fortune by cloning him,think of the market for other women who need a perfect guy! CONGRATULATIONS and a lifetime of happiness!
Ellen

o

OMG!!!! Something more to celebrate next weekend! YAY!

Darn, I am reading this at work and all the patients are probably wondering why the girl at the front desk has tears running down her face! Happy tears!

Redneck Bonanza II, here we come! LOL

Linda

o

Congratulations, Annie. You deserve happiness.

Uh, he really doesn't know what he's in for, does he?

o

AAAAHHHH, City Boy gets hitched to Farm Girl!!!! It's so romantic, from the bended knee to the shipboard proposal, to the description of the gorgeous ring (pics please!). All the best from the Lack family to you, Ms. Empress, for giddy happiness, sweet security, va-voom passion, and love always!
DONNA

P.S. - I think you need a dirty lingerie shower:-)

o

Oh sweetie. I didn't even read everyone's posts above me - just zipped right down to the bottom to tell you how happy I truly am for you. Like me, you've gone from the bottom to the very top and quite quickly. I'm proud for you and of you. Ellery is one lucky man.

Along with Donna, I'm thinking the dirty lingerie shower is very apropos. Just name when & where...

o

o

Dirty lingerie? Wrong forum, that would be the laundry forum. I'd rather have clean stuff, if you all don't mind. LOL

No, Diana, he has no idea what he's getting into, although he THINKS he does...

So, Cathy, you want to be Mistress of Ceremonies? You could wear a black leather bustier and black fishnet stocking and heels, big ole' whip.......oops, wrong kind of Mistress. LOL It's the lingerie shower thing that confused me. :-)

Annie

o

Don't want you to be confused...

Nancy

Here is a link that might be useful: apparel for Annie

o

Nancy, I don't know what the heck that was, but it got blocked by the County's "sonic wall" filter. LOL

I'll check it when I get home.....

Annie

o

Uh, oh, Nancy. We don't want this thread to get pulled by the Powers That Be! (But, did you notice that some of the outfits were displayed on mannequins? Not even the Frederick's models would/could appear in them!)

Quick, somebody mention FOOD so we won't get busted (poor choice of words)!

Sue

o

I've wondered where you have been lately and now I see you done run off and got yourselve engaged.

Congratulations to the both of you!! I had a feeling this might be happening sometime the future. I could see that sparkle in your eyes in the pics you've shared with us Annie.

Elery (nacho man lol), I like your style....too cool!!

Now when's the party?!!

David

o
RE: ///Wine and cheese, a ship, a ring, a proposal...

that would be yourself...lol

o

How romantic!!! Best wishes to you!!!!

Sharon S.

o

Oh, Annie! I'm so happy for you.
Of course, WE knew a long time ago.......

I knew I should have saved all those threads that said
"I'm NOT getting married"!! (grin)

Congratulations to the whole Fam Damily!!!

Deanna

o

Who the heck said married? I've got to be engaged for a long time, just to get used to the idea. LOL

Then again, I'd hate to have this one get away, I'd like him around for a long, long time....

Annie

o

I just want to know what the ex said and the expression on his face when he found out

Where is that voodoo doll...

o

oh yeah, those last two posts brought a smile to my face...first a sweet one, then an evil one...hee hee heeee.

That is so sweet..."I'd like him around for a long, long time..." Gosh, Annie, you're bringing tears to my eyes...

o

A huge congratulations from vermont!! You so deserve a great man. Although i am a little shocked at your flippant response to a romantic proposal. Do you know how rare romantic men are!!!

Hmm, Nancy interesting link. Maybe I should get one of those for DH's 40th. it goes far to explain why nancy of the North has such a large brood.

-Robin

o

Congratulations to you both! Next October, huh? Watchawaitinfor????? If you want to keep him, grab and hang on!

o

Oh Annie, I'm so happy for you! I wish you the very best happiness in the world!

Oh Annie, with what I've been through, and what you've been through, I'm so worried for you too. I think you have a great head on your shoulders to wait a year. I hope things go great and you are both just as happy at the end of another year and you have as romantic a wedding and honeymoon as Labor Day Weekend was for you. I hope the rest of your life will be like that Labor Day Weekend. Tell him congratulations from me, that's he's getting prize. I'm sure he knows that already.

And Sharon, thanks for the nudge over this way or I would never have seen this.

Beverly

o

he has no idea what he's getting into, although he THINKS he does...

They never do Darl'n...they never do!

What's with the waiting? Joe and I met, were engaged in 2 wks and married within a month. And we've been married for t-w-e-n-t-y t-w-o...long...eh a..wonderful years!

Michelle

o

Image and video hosting by TinyPic I'm so happy for you!!! Wishing you all the best for the two of you!!! Diana55

o

OMG! You could have cooking forum friends as bridesmaids, and they could wear lacy aprons over their dresses, and carry whisks or rolling pins with streamers...wouldn't that be cute??? (I am NOT kidding. I think it would be awesome!)
Sherry

o

Annie, I just saw this!!! Congratulations! I hope you and Nacho Man have many happy years together...I'm so happy for you!

o

This is the best thing that has ever happened on this forum. Annie, congratulations to both of you. If anyone deserves someone special in their life it is you. I'm so happy for both of you.

Now I'll go back and read all of the other posts.

Ann

o

Are we going to wear chefs hats Sherry?

o

Wow-weeeee! Annie and Elery engaged!!! How cool! You both look very happy in the pic. Yes! aprons and red Crocs for all the bridesmaids - ha!

I too am interested in how the ex reacted - is that baaaaad of me? And there is nothing at all wrong for waiting a year to finally tie the knot. You do what is best for you and Elery.

I'm really happy that you found each other and I wish you much joy in the years to come.

Teresa

o

CONGRATULATIONS Annie! I think Elery is going to be a great keeper!

o

Adding my congrats in here, Annie! How exciting! Sounds like you've found your soulmate :)

All the best,
Tracey

o

Oh Annie, I'm so happy for you and Elery. It's taken me a long time to read to the end of this and I've been grinning the whole time.

There is nothing better than two wonderful people finding each other. I'm wishing that all your dreams come true and that you have many happy years together. And selfishly, I'm wishing I could be there, both for the Michigan get together and for the BIG DAY.

Hugs and Best Wishes to both of you.

Lee

o

Annie and Elery - wishing you MANY years of fun and happiness. So happy for you both, and glad you found each other!!!

o

Hee-Hee, I can see it now, a CF shower then the wedding "catered" by CFers.

Annie, do YOU know what you have gotten into? Your Dad can give you away, but the maid of honor could be your boss that matched you up.....

Congrats again, you both deserve the happiness.

o

Annie and Elery sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes love then comes marriage......

I am soooo excited for you Annie. He seems like a perfect match. Rhiannon and Peyton have flowergirl experience and dresses if you need some extras along with bud and Makeyla:) In a year Hayden will be walking we can add him too:)

Stacie

o

Beverly, I kinda like the idea of cute chef's hats on the CF bridesmaids. Dang, this is gonna be fun! LOL
Sherry

o

Annie, what a wonderful story! And on a ship of all things. I've been on a schooner and they're terribly romantic.

Wasn't it not too long ago that this wonderful man gave you a rather extravagant gift of a food processor? Wasn't that what it was? And you weren't sure you should keep it, just in case! Well, you'll be a slicing and a dicing now!

You're glowing in the pictures! Many congratulations!

o

Now that is one exceptional surprise weekend!!!!!! Wht a romantic he is.
Congratulations to both of you.

o

Congratulations Annie and Elery!! I am so happy to share the newly engaged title with a couple as special as you two. I may be a lurker but I was cheering for him the whole time. Congratulations again!! Lori

Engaged: 8/25/07, Wedding Date: 9/6/08

o

Hip hip hooray! So thrilled for you Annie -- and he is a handsome devil! And I'm so glad your family loves him too!

Emily

o

Oh Annie!! This is WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for you. He's a very lucky man.

Congratulations!

o

Well, this could turn out to be the mother of all get-togethers in the history of the Cooking Forum. Good God, is your town (population 1,420) ready for this, AB?

Sol

o

congratulations, indicanoe, you'll be married before I will! Best wishes.

Sol, that population number was with the 2000 census. Population has decreased since then, the City Council figures we have somewhere over 800 people in the city limits. LOL That means 600+ moved out, it'll leave LOTS of room for the forum members. (grin)

Annie

o

Annie, Like I said yesterday CONGRATS a million times over. I absolutely love Sherry's (sheshebop)idea of the CF bridesmaids dressed in lacey aprons, carrying whisks and wearing chefs hats!!! I have been laughing in my work cubby so hard that I have tears coming down my face...my fellow "inmates" at work don't really understand this forum thing but I love you all so much and I don't even know you all that well.

Like others have said I remember you posting earlier this year telling us about your first date and taking him to Penzy's, then he sent you the food processor, and he came to your rescue when Ashley got sick, he is definately a keeper. Isn't it funny how when you aren't looking you find the best thing that ever happened to you.

YES!!!!!

o

Well, dang. I came in at #48 yesterday and now I can't find my post! Poofed somewhere into the ether.

And if it re-appears (GardenWeb is a mystery.) then it's just double the good wishes.

It's always a joy when two good people find each other.

Here's to a long and happy life together. I hope you do get to see a 39th anniversary. I'm betting Elery will be just as romantic at 100.

Carol

o

Carol, I found your other post. It's on the Redneck Bonanza thread! (grin)

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes and I think you're right. Elery will be just as sappy and romantic at 95, if we both make that 39th anniversary!

Annie

o

Congratulations!

Dances

o

Whoo Hoo and a Kiyiyiyiyiyi!

Elery must be a pretty smart guy to have taken up with you.

: )
lyra

o

Just like I hoped! I bet his family/friends pestered him into submission. Lucky him. Lukcy you. Best wishes!!!!

o

Annie...

I read about this on Conversations & went searching for your post. I'm so glad I found it so I can say,

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU!

What an exciting time for both of your families also. The wedding food will be awesome!

Wishing you both the very best of life & love...

Sincerely,
Tricia

o

Congratulations! This is going to be so much fun. Your wedding coordinator (Sherry) will have more help than she needs from all of us. I think Weed's Cheese balls/nipples would be great to serve at the party. I also think we need to incorporate Banana Bunkers into the bridesmaid's bouquet, and maybe use some basil, thyme, rosemary,etc for the greenery. Oh, we are going to have so many great ideas if you make us wait a whole year!

o

CONGRATULATIONS ANNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think your plan for a long engagement, small wedding and BIG PARTY is perfect.

So happy for you! So wonderful that y'all found each other--and that your kids like him!

~Amanda

o

Great news Annie !

Yeah-- you're going to need a BIG party !

Diane

o

Yeah Diane especially because I just linked this thread over at the Harvest forum

Oh I'm in trouble now

o

Congratulations!! I wish you and Elery many years of happiness.

o

MAZEL TOV!
Wonderful news! I wish you both great happiness and all the best, you deserve it!

o

I'm always the last to know...LOL

Annie, I wish I could tell you how excited and happy I am for you. I'm so happy that you found the man of your dreams and he treats you like a princess. You deserve it.

Enjoy that long engagement and planning the rest of your lives together.

o

I have been away too long! Congratulations! You look so beautiful!

o

rob333: you have got it completely wrong! It was Annie who needed pushed into submission. Elery wanted her right from the start, but if he would have asked her too soon, she would have pushed him off that mountain they visited in Tennessee! Guess what? It isn't the guy who needs pushed into submission anymore. The times they are a changin!

o

Lori's not the last to know but I certainly am. What beautiful pictures Annie and a lovely story to go with it. I'm not a bit surprised Elery popped the question and I couldn't be happier for both of you. He's such a romantic and you two look absolutely great together. All the hapiness in the world to you no matter when the big day is.

Love to you both
Iris

o

WOW Annie. I am really happy for you.

Adele

o

Here I am, aday late and a dollar short, again... Sigh...

Way To Go Elery!!!!

I hope you know you're getting one of the Cooking Forum's best... ( and if you don't want to wait a year I can be available at the drop of a hat, just say the word and I'll dump my hubby... LOL )

Annie, nice!!! Happy, happy, joy, joy... We want pics of the wedding night too..... LOL

Rita

o

I get here to visit so seldom these days that I missed the announcement party. I'm later and shorter than Rita... LOL!

Annie: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! The pics are great!

o

No, I'm afraid I'm the last. Saw that word "engagement" on conversations and didn't have time to go looking for this thread till now. I go away for a few days and people win contests and get engaged and I miss all the excitement.

So happy for you. It has been great following your romance from your hesitation about the 1st date to such an awesome proposal. I think a year is perfect. Not everyone needs the 20 years Norm and I took to tie the knot. (On the other hand there's a lot to be said for no surprises!)

Wishing you both a wonderful year of romance leading up to the virtual wedding of the century!

o

Life doesnt get much better than that!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here