SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Wedded bliss, aka The Redneck Bonanza

annie1992
16 years ago

OK, finally, I got those wedding/reception pictures on Photobucket. We had the obligatory short and sweet Methodist wedding ceremony, total time 12 minutes and they were married. The wedding party didn't look too tacky in their red, white and blue:

The bride and groom had the first dance on the "dance floor", which was the lawn/hayfield outside the town hall:

The formal dance over, it was time for the traditional wedding "chicken dance":

Any of the women with any sense at all took off their shoes because their heels sank down into the dirt. Here is Amanda, David and Elery. Notice her bare feet?

Meanwhile, the dinner was going on inside the hall and it was only about 95F. Sigh. Dylan had helped make the pickle trays and had plunged his unwashed and sweaty arm into the jar of pickles. Elery decided that perhaps he'd lost his appetite and had a second glass of wine. I decided that I'd better become the designated driver. Dylan decided to have a piece of wedding cake. He had long since discarded the white tuxedo...

My brother's girls were waiting in line for supper, they're tough and figured the vinegar in the pickles would kill most germs:

My sister was "mother of the groom". She's the one in blue, trying to keep everything under control:

Dad was supervising, of course:

Stepmom Shirley was just eating and trying to ignore Dad:

Ashley loves the camera, of course, and posed with her friend Cody:

It was pretty crowded inside at the buffet:

My Mom's sister and SIL helped in the kitchen, Aunt Bea was married to Mom's brother and Aunt Ronni is Mom's sister. She's the blonde one that one everyone says I look like. She's 72, I hope I look that good at 72!

My cousin Joyce decided it was too hot inside the hall and promptly stripped down to her slip.

Having both lost my appetite and having been satisfied that the cake didn't fall over before it was cut, I went outside and took off my shoes. Makayla danced with me for a minute, then decided that Elery was more fun:

I tried to avoid the tables outside, it was the only place I've ever seen Bacardi Silver, Juicy Juice and Jello Shots all together, and it was kind of....unsettling:

Amanda danced with Bud:

My brother in law, father of the groom, had a couple of drinks more than absolutely necessary and decided to dance. He did so well that the party named a dance after him. The Rich:

He did so well that the other guys decided to dance The Rich too, including my cousin Bubba and nephew-in-law, Eric:

About the time the guys started riding down the hill in the kids' wagon, an argument started between my oldest nephew's girlfriend and her mother. Notice the background, that's my sister's...um....residence. Yeah, I know, it's scenic:

By that time Elery had half a bottle of wine, nothing to eat, and a sip of the Jack Daniels in David's possession. He promptly declared his never-ending love. About a dozen times. That was just before he tried to walk UP the hill in his slick bottomed leather shoes. The dew had just started and he promptly fell down. I teased him about drinking too much and decided to take him home.

Just on time, too. I was told the next day that the girlfriend and mother who had been arguing kept arguing. The girlfriend finally left in a huff and my nephew was unhappy with his future mother in law. You probably don't need to know that this is the same nephew that got married last summer and I baked his wedding cake, if you remember. A couple of weeks after that wedding the very pregnant girlfriend introduced herself to the new wife and the nephew promptly got served with the divorce papers. Anyway, he wasn't very happy with the soon-to-be MIL, to the point where he finally tried to slap her and hit his own mother, my sister. About that time the drunken mother-in-law to be began to flirt with the DJ, and sat on his lap. Unfortunately, she peed on his leg.

The DJ took exception, said something derogatory. My nephew-in-law decided to come to the fair maiden's rescue and it became interesting. Someone called the police. The arrival of our friendly guys in blue ended the party and I'm just thankful I was gone by then!

I took Elery home where he fell asleep on the couch and I shook my head. The next morning we went to the farm. As Elery was picking beans (his punishment for waxing so romantically poetic the night before) he noticed the newlyweds. They had just come out of the tent behind my sister's house trailer. That's where they spent their honeymoon night. I think Elery said something about romance and location and such....

And a good time was had by all!

Annie

Comments (62)