SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canarybird01

Cafe Hopping Down in the Town (Pics)

canarybird01
15 years ago

Well I wasn't really eating and drinking at every one but had a myriad of things to do Tuesday downtown which involved passing through the central plaza. What a great way to destress because I was really up tight about getting all my errands done on time, but when I walked through this peaceful place I felt myself unwinding. The tall palms and Indian rubber trees gave beautiful shade and I felt myself relaxing as I saw people lounging on benches, sipping coffee under parasols and heard children laughing as they chased pigeons.

The air was fresh and cool although a warm day was predicted.

Restaurants were setting up their tables for the midday dinner and adding finishing touches to the outdoor blackboard menus. I sometimes forget how pleasant it is to take a morning stroll around this lovely plaza. And I managed to finish my errands in record time.

Main cafe in Plaza del Charco

Plaza del Charco (It means Puddle Square...because seawater used to collect here in high tides.)

The main Plaza Cafe seen from another angle

With newspaper kiosks bordering the square, it's a custom to buy the day's paper then take a coffee with a sweet bun

at one of the many tables while reading the news.

Two views of one of the many cute and inexpensive cafes around the plaza and waterfront area.

SharonCb

Comments (7)