Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
County Fair Winners

Posted by annie1992 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 17, 06 at 22:59

Some of you know that I let my great niece and nephews help in the garden, and that I help them with their annual county fair entries.

This year Noah entered herbs, he had basil, dill, cilantro, parsley and sage. His sister, Savannah, entered rhubarb. They each got 4 H ribbons. All 4H entries get ribbons, but they're proud just the same:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dylan and I made root beer jelly for his entry. (Yes, that's my fencing assistant and general all round farm hand) He won a blue ribbon, first prize for jellies in his age group!

Amanda entered a rhubarb pie, using Grandma's recipe. Another blue ribbon for pies and a Grand Champion ribbon for baked goods:

A successful year, altogether!

Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: County Fair Winners

With or without the ribbons they'd all be winners. You have a clan there, Annie.

I admire the work ethic and determination of your family. So many kids today are caught up in what they want, not what they can do. Yours demonstates such positive influences.

o

Hey Amanda nice pasties ooops I mean pastries

Root beer jelly? I gotta have THAT recipe.

o

Well Done! Annie, I know you're proud, as you well should be.

o

Are you SURE you want that recipe, Jessica? It's root beer, sugar, lemon and SureJell. It tastes just like root beer and the kids eat it on toast. It might be OK in thumbprint cookies, I suppose, and it was unique. LOL

Annie

o

Root beer jelly...well, it was unique!

o

Annie, thanks for sharing your life with us. I agree with Renee on the work ethic and determination of your family. You have so much to be proud of!

o

Annie,
thanks for the pictures. It's really nice to see the proud faces of those you help. Especially Dylan your expert fencer assistant. Such cute kids.

Iris

o

I'm telling you, teotiki, that kid can outwork at least half of the grown men in the family, and wear me into the ground. He'll work all day for $5 and be happy for the company, especially if he gets to drive something.

Their father is useless and their mother is gone, but the kids are still pretty good.

Annie

o

Ohmigosh, Annie! What terrific achievements! I'm sure they are proud! I agree, it is so nice to see kids doing something other than TV! All the kids are very sweet-looking...but I love Savannah"s eyes. And, wow! Amanda gets prettier by the minute. Every picture I see of her is prettier than the last!

o

Well, done! Noah gorws herbs? He and I would get along just fine!

Great bunch of kids, Annie! I know you are proud of them, and rightly so!

Linda

o

How cute! Very industrious and useful of them - thanks to your influence Annie.

o

Ahhh a clean sweep for Annie's gang ! They must be proud as punch .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here