A few things in my garden

Posted by doucanoe (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 18, 06 at 12:57

I am so excited, just got these new daylilies yesterday:

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com
Wayside Painted Lady

Wayside King Royal

I got two more but they aren't in bloom today, soon, tho!

And my Betty Boop rose made it thru the winter:

My Annabelle Hydrangea is blooming like crazy:

I might frame this one, I like it so much

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few things in my garden

I think you should frame the hydrangea picture, too. It is really cool! The rose is beautiful, as well as the day lilies. I am sure they are dynamic with your lovely place!

Brenda

o

Those are awesome. I love that Wayside King Royal. It is gorgeous, and I agree that the hydrangea picture is frame-worthy.

o

Sherry, I agree, that one is a beauty. I already srtole the pollen this morning and crossed it with Fairytale Pink

We'll see what I get in a few years if it develops seeds. I have a couple seedlings from daylilies I have crossed. I am not a serious hybridizer but it's fun to play.
Kinda like flower sex, I suppose!

Linda

o

OMG, I never knew anybody who played flower sex before !!! (Do you smoke afterward???)

o

Oh Linda, I can only see the lily in your second post! The first is just red x's. The one I can see is amazing -- I love the frilly edges.

Must just be me since everyone else seems to be able to see them. 'Scuze me while I go clean my glasses.

Pam

o

No, I could see them this morning but now can't see them.

o

Something weird is going on with Picturetrail. Here they are again:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Wayside King Royal

Wayside Painted Lady

Nope, Sherry, no cigarette afterward! LOL

Linda

o

Oh my! They are breath taking. I can see I am going to have to extend my bed of lilies. Thanks for reposting.

o

I love Lilies..All of yours are tempting:)

I love Asiatics,Orientals,Daylilies,etc..My favorites though I would have to say are Casa Blancas..About to bloom..
And Margaret Davies..Blooming now:)

If you can find her..bring her home:)

o

oooh, monique that is a really beautiful one! And so pretty with that blue hydrangea! Wish I could grow blue hydrangea here....oh well.

Here are a couple more of mine

Ruffled Apricot

Don't know what this one is. It was labeled frans Hals but it definitely is not! The first bloom was normal but this one has twice the number of petals that it is supposed to! Love it!

Razzmatazz and an unnamed yellow

Linda

o

Even if mislabeled! What a knockout:)I love the ruffles on RA..I don't think I have a ruffled one:(

Beautiful!
Why can't you grow a blue Hydrangea?

o

Oh my, they're all lovely. I just love them all.

Annie

o

Oh Wow-- you Ladies are going to get me in trouble-- I haven't got a couple of those -- now where can I tuck them ? Just georgous - thx for sharing . Wayside here I come -- again .

o

SHERRY!

(nice flowers, Linda. With those size stamens, I guess you could say they are 'well hung?')

o

They are beautiful, all of them!

o

I heard that the soil determined the color of hydrangea, whether it is acidic or whatever.

o

Gorgeous! Didn't you post Betty Boop before? I seem to remember that one.

o

Georgous indeed!! All of the photos above.

I have missed so many weekends that I missed the peak bloom times for May and June. July has been killer hot in CT. I'll walk around this weekend and take some photos before I miss this month altogether.

o

My lilies are all bloomed out! Thanks for sharing guys!

o

monique, I bought a Nikko Blue hydrangea several years ago. It got one bloom on it that year and never bloomed again. After four years of waiting, I talked to the guy at a local nursery and he told me they are not hardy enough in my zone (3/4). to bloom. Guess I coulda shoulda woulda done my homework...
I guess those new Endless Summer do allright here, but I haven't tried one, yet.
Yes, you can mess with the soil to manipulate the color. I think I had a bag of aluminum sullfate or something like that which was supposed to encourage the blue color. Sadly, never got to use it.

Gina, I may have posted Betty Boop last year when she bloomed. That was the first year, I am just so excited she survived the winter! I have never had luck with roses before.

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here