Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photoshop Tools and Tricks

Posted by msazadi (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 13, 06 at 23:20

As I may have mentioned, I got Photoshop at a great price when I was taking a free class last year. However, it is the Mac version, and I've had no energy to learn this at night after being on the pc computer all day at work. I'd rather cook. ;-)

But when Monique said she'd do some lessons, I thought I'd include this bit which I found by accident tonight.

Photoshop Tips .

I now turn it over to Monique or anyone who is willing to add to this.

Maureen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photoshop Tools and Tricks

Thanks for starting this Maureen and for posting the link.

Monique, SharonCB and anyone else, I hope youll post some tips for adding text. I have Photoshop5 rarely used, Paint never used, and Microsoft Digital Image . If the FXfoto program works well, Im curious about that too.

Lee, looking forward to learning

o

OK...

I'll start the ball rolling with a little tutorial on how to add text in PAINT, which is the simplest of all programs. As this is a Photoshop thread, I'll start a new one just for PAINT with easy instructions and will handle any questions from there. :-)

SharonCb

o

No particular tips, but this is a site I frequent when I need to do something special.

Since a lot of us are into photography, it should come on on the Photography page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photoshop tuturials

o
Another one

Here's another site I like, Retouch Pro.

Some of you have received greeting cards over the years I've created out of photographs, using some of the tips learned at this site.

When I have time (ha!) I would love to experiment with this more. I've thought of buying Paint, as I hear it is a good companion to Photoshop. Maybe when I retire. :)

o

Doris....

Thanks for those links.
BTW 'Paint' is part of Windows and doesn't cost anything extra as far as I know.

SharonCb

o

Whoops, not Paint. I was thinking of Painter.

Then I'll need a new Wacom Tablet to go with it. :)

o

I love this thread already. I'm not sure that I'll have anything to contribute except my thanks, but I'll be reading it a lot.

Ann, I think it would be terrific if you can save the tips and turtorials in FAC.

Thank you all.

Lee

o

There are Photoshop Forums where you can get tips and ask specific questions.

Lars

Here is a link that might be useful: More photoshop forums

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here