Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My tomboy.

Posted by barnmom (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 5, 06 at 20:28

Scrap off the barn mud and here is what's underneath!

Image link: My tomboy. (60 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My tomboy.

Wow! Barnmom, your little Alice has grown up hasn't she! You must be so proud of her. She is just a beautiful young lady. I haven't seen a picture of her in a long time. I'm glad she does scrape off the mud occasionally. BTW - what was the occasion?

o

OMG. I used to look that good. Sigh. (but I wasn't blonde, dang)

o

She's become quite a young lady-- grew up GOOD !

o

She's really growing up! All dressed up and going somewhere??

o

Alice was on her way to her eighth grade graduation dance which took place last Friday.

o

WOW! That's 13? She's a knockout!

Harper

o

She is beautiful. And you sound like a proud mama!

janet

o

Thank you. She is smart and sweet (mostly) too. Has a bad case of eighth-grader-itis. But she will be humbled come September when she is a HS freshman!

o

She certainly has grown up but I still see some little girl in her. I like her outfit, not too grown up but grown up, just enough to be special. She looks very poised, any modeling aspirations?

o

Where'd those long legs come from? She's so grown up. I only know how much older I am by seeing other people's kids!

o

Barnmom, she is a beautiful girl....er...tomboy!
Hope she had fun at the dance!

Linda

o

Oh yes she has really grown up hasn't she.

She looks lovely in that cute dress and heels!

SharonCb

o

Wow, Eileen, she HAS grown up, hasn't she? Last I remember, she was a little blonde girl on a pony, now she's a beautiful young lady.

Just goes to show you what good a little barn mud will do for a girl!

Annie

o

She is a lovely young lady.

o

WOW! What a change from the cute little girl on a horse. She's beuatiful and looks like she just knows a good time is ahead. Here's wishing all of you a great summer.

Lee

o

She is just beautiful, looks like a model with those long legs.

o

Alice looks deceptively tall because she is so slim. She is only about 5'-3". I toyed with the notion of modeling when she was little, 4-6, but she had no interest! And I'm no stage mom.

She chose all her clothes on her own, including the pearls and clutch. I thought the shoes seemed a little "matronly" but they were what she wanted.

o

I think the shoes work perfectly. They don't look matronly to me, but they do add an air of sophistication.

Harper

o

13 ! OMG... now I need therapy. GREAT choice of shoes.

Jessy... you still look that good... and still not a blonde as I recall.

: )
michael

o

Oh Wow Eileen, Alice was always cute but now she has turned into a real beauty. I love her sense of style. Guess she takes after her mom.

Ann

o

She is gorgeous and so poised, it's hard to believe she's 13. Did she have a good time at the dance?

o

The dance was a fun time, she danced a lot with her girlfriends and with a few boys. She has a nice little group of good friends that she does everything with. There are five of them, all nice girls, who have been a unit since 6th grade.

Tomorrow is her graduation ceremony. She tried to pout a bit and hoped I might spring for another dress for graduation (to be covered with a gown!). Mmmm, NO! This one will likely not ever get another wearing after tomorrow as it is!

Thank you for all your kind words. She is a sweet, smart child. I lucked out!

o

Lovely picture. They grow up so fast!

o

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here