Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Queen of the Night, blooming

Posted by publickman (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 29, 11 at 19:20

As I said before, we moved this epiphyllum to the front stoop to get it out of direct sun, and it has been doing better. When I bought it a couple of years ago, it already had snail and slug damage, but it is growing okay now, and I've eliminated the slugs.

We photographed two earlier flowers the night before but missed the first two. There should be another one tonight, but possibly not as large. We went out in one hour intervals to document how it opens, as it changes throughout the night and by morning is done. This one has a very strong, sweet fragrance, and Kevin could smell it whenever I opened to door.

Image link: Queen of the Night, blooming (56 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Queen of the Night, blooming

How beautiful!!! Would love to see the time lapse. very cool!

o
RE: Queen of the Night, blooming

I should put the additional pictures in my Photobucket account, but I haven't gotten around to that yet. We took a lot of great pictures, but I haven't edited most of them yet. It took six months for anyone to reply to this photo, and so I felt there was essentially no interest here. I'll try to make a Photobucket album for these flowers, but not until September. Kevin is taking more vacation time than I am, and so maybe he will get more pictures posted, although he tends to use facebook. Maybe I can convince him to use Photobucket instead, which can be linked to facebook. I never liked facebook, and I like it less and less each day.

Lars

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here