SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canarybird01

Food Photos and my WFD the past days

canarybird01
15 years ago

I'm over here so as not to swamp the What's For Dinner thread with too many heavy photos of our dinners the past days, as the thread is slowing down and is hard to load.

Saturday June 21: We were out to the new little cafeteria adjoining a supermarket where we go for import food items. It was a very warm day and we didn't have much appetite so Wolf had a bit of potato salad with two German sausages and I had a spinach & ricotta ravioli. Later at home after shopping we had fruit and coffee.

Sunday June 22 I made a fresh pesto with my own basil which is growing well, and added some steamed veg and almond coated chicken tenders. Dessert was a fresh fruit salad with yoghurt and lemon cake from the bakery

Monday June 23...we drove up to a favourite Italian restaurant for a change, and sat outside where it got quite windy. Wolf had scrambled egg & spinach and I had a pizza of white asparagus, egg, salami and tomato,

We indulged in a couple of chocolate ice cream desserts and then cafes cortado.

Tuesday - leftovers

Wednesday (today) ...we had some business down in the town so had a light lunch in a little German touristic cafe where we used to meet 25 years ago for coffee when we first met!

So we sat outside on the outdoor porch which faced a pedestrian street now planted with lovely little Flamboyant trees, so green and lacy.

We chose simple dishes....Wolf hamburger patties with egg & chips and I took hake fish also with egg and chips, coffees later.

It was nice to sit outside downtown at this same place where we used to go so many years ago.

While out with the car on Monday I came to a stop and pulled over as I couldn't believe the beautiful sight ahead.

An enormous Drago tree which had bougainvillae climbing up and twining in the branches.

Wolf didn't mind that I jumped out of the car and took a few photos, while he waited. Summer here now is such a mass of beautiful flowering trees and bushes everywhere!

Well tomorrow I go again to the Orchid Garden for another of those charity lunches. More good food and photos. I will have to make something special here for Wolfram before I go as he doesn't like to sit with a group of chattering women at these events so prefers to stay home!

SharonCb

Comments (3)