SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chase_gw

Route 66 meets the Cooking Forum!Travelougue

chase_gw
14 years ago

Thought it only right that you should all get a get a kick out of Rte 66 !!! Thanks to all those who made the trip so very special!

The very first day as "himself" and I set out on our adventure. May 2nd, 2009...

Not quite on Rte 66 yet but our first meet up was in Grand Rapids. Sherry, Roger, Annie and us. Great time had by all!

The Rte 66 adventure started in Chicago. This is the legendary start to Rte 66. Great food and the first of many wonderful diners we ate in.

...and a wonderful hook up with Peppi and her Dad. First a stop at Peppi's lovely home and then off to a great German restaurant.

St Louis is next ! Here is Wendy and I doing our Thelma and Louise act.

We had some great BBQ first and then Wendy took us to a very famous , original Rte 66 pit stop. Frozen custard! So, so bad but oh so good!

Onward to Oklahoma and a great visit with the "Big Guy". What a host! Took us for some great BBQ ( I refuse to say which is better, OK or St Louis...) he even got Clive into Church!

We stayed at so many great original Rte 66 motels.

Others we passed on !

This one was amazing...a garage with every room!

Here is me making some new biker friends....or maybe it was Clive's Crown Royal that attracted them! LOL

Then there were the diners! Some fabulous food and oh so cheap!

and of course the gas station and Rte 66 itself!

And everyone need to "Stand on a Corner in Winslow Arizona" at least once in their life !

But all things must come to and end!!!

Not true!!!! Our adventure didn't end there!!! ....the LA gang!

and the wonderful folk from Texas!!!

.....last but not least Karen and Charles!

Thanks to you all! It was a blast!

Comments (24)