SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Open House!!

annie1992
17 years ago

As you mostly know, Ashley's graduation Open House was on Saturday and I did all the cooking myself, 17 hours worth on Friday. We had 138 people attend over a 4 hour period, but I still had leftovers.

I was busy enough that I never did take pictures of the food (bad, bad Annie), except the cake which was made by a local bakery:

{{gwi:1469505}}

Makayla came over on Friday with her Mom and helped me cook, here she is stirring the chocolate chip cookies (before she held the chicken, guys, I promise!). She took 2 dozen cookies home for Dad for Father's Day:

{{gwi:1469506}}

Her bruvver had to taste test the cookies of course. Bud gave them two thumbs up!

{{gwi:1469507}}

Here are my helpers. The seated one is Dylan, my farming assistant and great nephew. His brother Noah is next, then one of the twin terrors, Summer. Finally, the last step is the monkey, Makayla:

{{gwi:1469508}}

Amanda and Ashley decided to wear matching dresses, like they used to do when they were smaller. LOL

{{gwi:1469509}}

{{gwi:1469510}}

My mother and her sister, my Aunt Ronni, helped me set up:

{{gwi:1469513}}

David came in from the hay field to give us a little entertainment in the form of a small peep show:

{{gwi:1469514}}

This is half of the hall we were in. My sister is the woman in white in the foreground. You can see Bruce and his current bimbo...um, girlfriend right in front of her. GF has a brown shirt, white pants, black hair.

{{gwi:1469516}}

This is the other half of the hall, I knew you wouldn't want to miss it. LOL

{{gwi:1469518}}

Finally, as is the tradition here, we set up a board filled with embarrassing childhood pictures of Ashley. Makayla stood in front so everyone could see how much they were alike.

{{gwi:1469519}}

Ah, what a party. Lots to eat, lots of people, about 93F. What more could a graduate ask for? (grin)

Annie

Comments (22)