SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

A day at the beach with Makayla and Bud

annie1992
16 years ago

Last week we took Amanda, Ashley, Makayla and Bud and went to Ludington to "the sandy beach". That's Makayla's name for Lake Michigan. The Lake was clear and nearly as flat as an inland lake, calm and lovely.

Makayla loves the water, she's definitely one of us:

She and Mommy kicked the water with their feet because there weren't enough waves, and lay on their tummies to "swim".

Bud wasn't as brave as his sister, he wasn't sure he liked all this water

He also wasn't so sure about the "Little Swimmers" he was wearing instead of diapers, LOL

Elery and Makayla made a shark out of sand. Well, Elery made a shark and Makayla dumped water over it because "sharks have to live in the water". Well, of course they do!

We got so hungry, we had to have a picnic. I used the basket I got from David, and the beach blanket, it was perfect. We had turkey and roast beef sandwiches on homemade bread, cheese, crackers, apples, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Ashley made a trip to the snack bar for ice cream and the kids used the cookies to make ice cream sandwiches. Funny, Ashley even looks fully made up when she's going to the beach. This was taken as we were leaving, she looked a bit more "messed up" after lying on the beach for a couple of hours. I shoulda gotten a picture of her then. (grin) She would have been very unhappy with me, I think.

It was a long drive home, almost an hour, LOL, so Bud was hungry again. He had to sit on Elery's lap and have a peanut butter sandwich.

When Amanda left to take the kids home, Makayla kissed Elery and said "Thank you SO much for taking me to the sandy beach, it was so fun." She was right, it was a good day, in spite of the sunburn I got!

Annie

Comments (17)