Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suzy and the kittens

Posted by bunnyman (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 29, 06 at 12:51

Crazy busy year going. I have two weeks off in July so I hope to catch up here. This is the latest event at my house. Suzy appeared on my truck outside the bar a couple weeks ago. She had ribs sticking out and was clearly starving but came to me when I called. While I was petting her a turkey sandwich appeared... I love this bar! After eating Suzy sat outside the bar and waited for a couple hours but when I went to go home she had gone. Next night I cruised past the bar on my way home and sure enough there she was. I stuffed her under the back seat of my truck thinking she would be frightened by the ride to my house. No way, she crawled up on the dash and rode in style. Once at my house she got fed but then went and hid for a couple days. Last Sunday I spotted her watching me from the tall weeds at the edge of my yard. Called her over and fed her some canned catfood. Thought she looked a little pregnant... just a little buldge up by the ribs. Monday she was deflated and lactating.... wunnerful. Tuesday I opened the garage door and Suzy pretty much ran past me with a kitten. A few minutes later she had these two in a box way back in a corner. Pictures are poor because I'm standing on one foot to lean far enough to snap a picture with the camera at arms length. I picked most of the car parts out of the box and threw in a towel. So it is I have three new cats! Suzy will get fixed so this is the one and only batch of kittens I should ever have.

: )
michael

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suzy and the kittens

Oh, aren't they cute? She must have been meant to be your kitty, Michael! Congrats on your new "family"!

Linda

o

oh Michael. Susy is one lucky cat to have found you. What a nice addition to your family. Nothing better than having a couple of kittens running around.

Enjoy.

Ann

o

awww, that is the sweetest story, Michael! Lucky kitties. They know who'll take care of em...

Stacy

o

Michael, LOL! I laughed hard when I read "Monday she was deflated and lactating.... wunnerful." Suzy is a lucky kitty to have you as her caretaker.

Now, I wanna know how they will get along with the bunnies?

o

Karen, I don't think Michael has bunnies anymore, except the wild ones. Now he has kittens instead.

Michael, my dear, I had no doubt that you'd take that Mama cat in. You're such a softie.

I really like the calico kitten but they are both cute, as kittens tend to be. You'll have LOTS of fun now. How will Luna and Yoko adjust, or is Suzy an "outside" kitty?

Annie

o

Congratulations, Grampa. Suzy is one smart kitty - she knew which truck to select, didn't she. Enjoy your new family! Do they have names yet?

o

Michael. You are a hero.

Whatcha going to name the kitties? Woodie and I are waiting.

o

Oh Michael that story sounds so familiar....that's how I ended up with a garden full of cats LOL. Suzy is so lucky to have found you.

Be sure and check with the vet for how early the kittens can also be spayed.
Those little monkeys can get pregnant much earlier that one would expect.
Ask me how I know.

SharonCb

o

Lucky little Suzy!

o

(pppsssttt....Michael....the calico looks like an 'EJ'....)

o

No names yet. I was thinking perhaps something like Annie or Jessy. They will both go to the vet in a couple weeks along with Suzy. I touched them both for the first time today. Just a stroke on the head after petting mom. Suzy seems to be cool with the idea that I might touch the kittens. Yoko hissed at Suzy thus prompting Suzy to slap the snot out of her... poor Yoko. For the most part I keep them well separated. Rather then feel like a hero I feel lucky to have such a nice cat come to live with me. For a formerly feral cat Suzy is well mannered and very friendly towards me.

michael

o

Suzy is likely not a feral...but rather a dumped cat by someone who realized she was "knocked up"..
You are indeed a hero!!
Linda C

o

More pics please!

o

Awww Michael, that's so sweet. Hopefully Yoko will mellow out and be hospitable to the newbies in the hood!

o

Congrats on Annie & Jessy ~ they are precious!

o

Michael, Talk about a 2 "fur" 1 deal. How wonderful of you to rescue Suzy. I know the new family will be happy with you.

o

If Suzy was not feral then she didn't have an easy life. The first night when I went to feed her she didn't know about food in a dish. After I put the food in the dish she stood there and screamed at me because she could smell the food but didn't know where it was at. It took about three trys before I got her nose in the dish long enough to figure there was food there. She does not have enough jaw strength for dry food. Possible she lived with someone that gave her a few table scraps and called it good. I'm really not the type to pick up a cat at the local bar. But when the skin hangs on the bones and they attempt to eat anything you give them... she was in trouble.

Upside good news is that the kittens are doing great! They opened their eyes today. I tried for a picture but the kitten squalled and Suzy got upset. With only two of them nursing they are getting plenty. They are so fat with milk they couldn't walk if they tried.

Note the kitten to mom size ratio! Imagine if your kids were that size after a week.

I think the words were something like, "you are not my mother! You are a SNORT!"

michael aka. the SNORT!

o

Hey! Does that make me a godmother? Yippe! So what are my obligations (I'm going cat toy shopping! SNORT!)

o

LOL, Michael, I read that book to Ashley about half a zillion times: "Are you my Mother?"

Nothing wrong with being a Snort, remember, the Snort rescued the baby bird in the end. The Snort is the good guy!

Annie

o

OMG I thought it was 'Mike Mulligan and Mary Anne the Steam Shovel'. I gotta stop smokin that stuff! (and I noticed you are still 'thinking' names. No pressure here, after all, you gotta live with the kitties. I was thinking more EJ - evil Jessy...the one who names her rat 'Kitty'....)

o

Had a friend some years ago that named his hunting dog Kitty. So he went across the field with a shotgun calling "kitty kitty".

michael

o

Thought I'd share some of today's baby pics.

michael

Here is a link that might be useful: Are you my Mother?

o

Oh Michael, I'm in love. I want a couple of kittens. Please keep posting pictures so I can just enjoy your kitties.

Any names yet?

Ann

o

Thanks, Michael, I can't ever have too many kitten pictures. It breaks my heart to think of Suzy's life before she picked you up in a bar! What a lucky lady she is.

o

I love those baby faces!

o

Oh my Goddess! Mr. B, my heart's melting fast.

How do I spell "adorable?"

Adorable: AWWWWWWWW. Adorable!

Sol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here