SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diinohio

Foodie road trip

diinohio
14 years ago

Saturday DD, her b/f and I took a road trip to Cincinnati to purchase cake supplies for her up comming baby shower. First we went to Sugarcraft.

Sugarcraft has a store in front and a huge warehouse attached. It has most anything you would need for baking or candy making. We spent 2 hours there! They only have an online catalogue so I printed out my order ahead of time and they filled it while we browsed.

http://sugarcraft.com/

There was so much to look at I forgot to take pictures inside the store.

We decided we would have lunch at a little Caribbean themed restaurant. I had high hopes of reliving some of my childhood food memories(the owner was Puerto Rican) I ordered carne asada with red beans and rice.

The food was meh, ok but not great.

Next stop was Jungle Jim's- " a 4 acre food lovers paradise-the tri states largest and most unique grocery store"

me again doing my best Vanna White imitation

All I can say is wow! This place is huge, and has hundreds of varieties of cheeses, meats, and about anything you can think of. The prices were good too, except for the $119.99 a lb. prosciutto I sampled-yummy! Again there was so much to see and sample I forgot to take pictures, Next time I go I will bring coolers and stock up on everything that I can't find locally. Oh and I will wear jogging shoes!

Here is a trial cake using some edible images I got at Sugarcraft. I'll have to practice using the images, they are fragile and tear easily. Yes thats a bite taken out of the cake! DD being silly.

Di

Comments (13)