SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canarybird01

Out For a Walk (pic)

canarybird01
17 years ago

I traded in my white cotton touristic hat for a little straw that I bought in Canada last year as it's cooler. But I know I still look rather goofy while out walking around. Still, this African sun is hot and one needs to keep the head covered, and I really don't care how I appear to people on the street. So this is my comfortable walking gear.

I don't use that camera though, but rather the little Olympus 8 megapixel Stylus 800 which fits nicely into any pocket or purse.

Part of my weight loss programme involves exercising, preferably taking brisk walks (pant, pant) so as I always carry one little camera with me, I pause now and then to record the sights along the way. Here's the link to a little album of snapshots I've put together of streets and vegetation, the views over the Atlantic and some shops, the entrance to the botanical garden and the taxi drivers pushing their cars up to the next slot in the taxi rank (saves gas not to turn on the engine.) The pink oleander is just beautiful at this time of the year.

I hope you enjoy another glimpse of our Canary Island paradise.

SharonCb

Here is a link that might be useful: Walking Around Tenerife

Comments (18)