SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canarybird01

Window Shopping - pics

canarybird01
16 years ago

I took some photos of our neighbourhood yesterday morning while on my way to the bakery for our bread rolls. The best time to browse the shop windows is when the shops are still closed and it's too early to go in and buy something. LOL. A good way to save money!

....morning sun on a boulevard flanked by Canary palms (phoenix canariensis)

....Doris....today I'll take a couple of those in the middle please, the ones with sunflower seeds

....no...no...no cake thanks but it does look good!

...new summer clothes in the German boutique.

I love the blues & greens in those wispy paisley blouses and that pretty green jacket made of some feather-light material.

....I love gazing in the window of this store at the beautiful turquoise jewellery and especially at the selection of opals, one of my favourite stones.

....this shop is so expensive that I've never even set foot inside.

But I do like looking at the beautiful clothes.....which all look a little too small to me LOL!

....oh that's a cute outfit! Needs a good strong tan to go with that bright orange though.

.....Mmmm a sporty summer white with a nice belt. Those pants still look a little too small to fit me though. :-(

.....Oh I adore this little chiffon wrap-around skirt. It's beautiful! I'll take the jewellery too!

....the antique shop. I could spend a whole day in there!

....the city garden dept. has sent some workers to trim the palm branches. They do this with a long handled serrated knife.

Unfortunately doing it this way leaves those ugly stumpy bits that you see in the middle. It takes another tool to hack or saw those away so the trunks are as smooth as that section at the very bottom.

.....Closeup of the little serrated tool as it cuts.

Time to go back home and make breakfast and coffee!

Wednesday is a holiday..."Dia de Canarias" celebrated in the Canary Islands as a heritage day. There may be some interesting events with folks in their local costumes. I'll keep my eyes open.

SharonCb

Comments (8)