SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

You're invited to a wedding

annie1992
16 years ago

OK, I promised, so here are some pictures. I had a very small, very personal, very short Methodist wedding ceremony.

Dad was there, talking with the Pastor. I've known Pastor Brummel since I was 5 or 6, so they're probably swapping stories about my childhood.

Mom was there too, I didn't dare have Dad without Mom.

Stepmom was there too, somewhere, but I don't think I got a picture. The final guest was my boss, Chrystal, the person without whom we never would have met in the first place. She was kind enough to take all these pictures.

My two beautiful daughters were my witnesses:

The Princess and her Bruvver were there to keep things from getting too long and serious:

David was there to keep his boy from falling in the lake. He did a fine job, Bruvver stayed dry the entire time despite his best efforts to jump over the railing to catch the geese:

The Princess and I had to walk down to the altar first:

The Pastor gave a nice short commentary about how beautiful the day and the location were and how the very first wedding was performed in the Garden of Eden by God himself, and how it must have been very similar. He thought that the birds probably provided the music and although we stopped and listened, we only heard the geese. They aren't very musical.

Pastor Brummel asked for the rings to bless them:

We exchanged vows. Since we are adults, the Pastor thought we'd just memorize them. I did, but got right into the middle and forgot completely. Elery thought I might just walk away but I didn't. I took a deep breath and finished. We weren't quite finished, but the Pastor was touched and thought we should just kiss and get it over with. Or maybe he was afraid I was going to back out...

Here we all are. Notice the white in Amanda's hand? That's the linen handkerchief from the Canary Islands, the symbol of all my friends on the forum, there with me:

And so, it's done. I do have some pictures of the dinner afterward and of the places we went and things we did. I'll post those later.

Thank you all, for joining me in my wedding, With all of you there in spirit, it was possibly the biggest small wedding ever!

Annie

Comments (60)

• shaun
    16 years ago

Aw! Everyone looks fantastic! I'm glad I was in that hankie, now let me out! hahahaha!

I love the background scene, that lake, just beautiful. Your daughters dresses were very pretty. I like those a lot. And your dress, also very beautiful and that color is perfect on you.

Your face shows so much happiness Annie.

Good Luck and Best Wishes to the new Bride and Groom and FAMILY!

Now post the honeymoon video hahahahahha!!!!!!!

• flamingo1121
    16 years ago

Annie and Elery, you guys look so happy! Congratulations!

You guys make a beautiful family.

I am actually crying from a virtual wedding...someone pass me the virtual tissues.

Speaking of hankies..you didn't blow your nose on us...love tears we'll accept, goopy nose drool..nope.

Best wishes and happiness to you both.. xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo
    heidi

• Related Discussions

You're all invited

Q

Comments (51)
    Working three jobs and on the road ALL my waking hours, or I would have been there in a heartbeat. Was thinking of you all week and weekend. Congratulations, Best Wishes for a long happy life together!! Have fun on your honeymoon! I know it will be a bittersweet time, but I hope you enjoyed yourselves in honor of your dad and have some good memories for the future. Lpink
    ...See More

You're all invited.....

Q

Comments (50)
    Annie, thank you for including all of us in your invitation to the wedding. I wish I could be there, and will be in spirit. I do send my very best wishes for a long and happy life together for Amanda and David and their children. I know it will be very special and I'm looking forward to your sharing pictures and the event with us. Lee
    ...See More

I 'm hurt, confused, feeling dumb and used!

Q

Comments (20)
    Wow! This really takes the cake. It sounds as if the parents ran the entire show and the bride had little or no say in anything. I agree that the woman was startled and searching for something to say, as she was totally surprised that someone not invited would actually bring a gift. It is absolutely wrong and totally tacky to invite anyone to a shower without inviting them to the wedding. We had a similar experience with our recently married daughter's mother-in-law, who invited 170 people to the rehearsal dinner, nearly half of whom weren't invited to the wedding (we had "limited" her wedding invitations to 150!!!) Many of them were her husband's employees, most of whom had the good sense to decline to attend the rehearsal dinner, displaying better sense than she did. (She also had the nerve to have a gift table at the dinner!) I never ceased to be amazed at the bad taste exhibited by some people when it comes to weddings.
    ...See More

Wedding #1 venue booked!

Q

Comments (139)
    I read here a lot, don't often post. I have been looking for a dress for my son's August wedding. I saw the ruffled one Sueb posted and looked it up on Macy's website. I ordered 2 sizes and luckily the smaller one fits. I think I might still be able to go down one size, but then it would be shorter, so I will take one back and keep the other. I bought it in navy. Not knowing her colors yet, navy is perfect. I love it. Now to decide on shoe color. I found a beautiful navy/silver wedge, but not in my size. I will keep looking. Thank you again, Sue, for posting your dress. It fits so well!! Excited to have this done!!
    ...See More
  • annie1992
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Heidi, no one cried except Bud and he cried when the geese ran away from him. LOL So, no, I didn't blow my nose on all of you. (grin)

The girls' dresses were a surprise find at a local mall, $15 each! My dress was a gift from my boss.

Jessica, somehow Bruce didn't make it. I don't think, I suppose he could have been hiding in the trees or something.

I thought the setting was perfect for ME, outdoors with the woods and the lake and the fresh air, it was about 65F and sunny and one robin had a nest up on the corner of the cross.

Oh, and don't laugh, Chase already has. I did take Elery's last name, he had a problem, somehow, with me keeping the ex-husband's last name. So what is it? Um....
    Barnes. Yes, I know, it's appropriate. (grin)

Now I gotta go and change a zillion things. My driver's license, my notary, my life insurance, my retirement, my social security card, my bank account, new checks, my Blue Cross and AFLAC will have to know. Oh, and the post office. I wonder if I forgot anyone?

Thank you, everyone. Maybe tonight I'll post honeymoon pictures.......

Annie

• obxgina
    16 years ago

Annie, that is the best wedding I've been to in a long time! THank you for sharing such a special day with all of us! You have the most beautiful family! Enjoy your life together. You look so happy. Gina

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

What a beautiful wedding and a beautiful family! Congratulations and best wishes. Thanks for the pictures.

Sally

• lsr2002
    16 years ago

Thank you for inviting us to your beautiful wedding. It's perfect in every way.

Here's to Annie and Elery and a lifetime of happiness!

Lee

• woodie
    16 years ago

Just beautiful Annie! Everything looks and sounds just perfect but my favorite is Bud :) He looks so spiffy and I'm sure the geese just didn't recognize him all dressed up and that's why they ran away.

• User
    16 years ago

Oh Annie, I'm so happy for you both. Thank you for sharing your day with us.

Ann
    PS. Doesn't surprise me at all that you took Elery's name.

• dedtired
    16 years ago

Much happiness, Mr. and Mrs. Barnes! What a perfectly perfect wedding. Not as good as the Redneck Bonanza, but a bit more tasteful.

Where does Bruvver get his turned up nose? That's adorable. You have a beautiful family.

• sigh
    16 years ago

What a beautiful day & a lovely ceremony. Congratulations!

Nina

• artsyshell
    16 years ago

You all looked so beautiful. What a wonderful setting for a wedding. Congratulations again to you both!

Shelley

• User
    16 years ago

Oh Annie thank you so much for sharing the pictures. What a great looking family and such a happy looking couple and the setting is just perfect. The kids look terrific, the big ones and the little ones!

• Gina_W
    16 years ago

Sniffle... I'm so happy for you Annie. You deserve all the happiness in the world. The children and grands looked so lovely. Princess & Bruvver are getting big and beautiful.

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Barnes!

• lpinkmountain
    16 years ago

Hey Ms. Barnes!! Great pictures, thanks for sharing them! Did any of Elery's clan attend?
    It is so nice to see everyone beaming so genuinely happy. Who would have thunk it a little more than a year ago eh? A true miracle.

• lackboys3
    16 years ago

Awwww, those pictures are beautiful Annie Barnes! I love that sexy dress too, I bet Elery could not keep his eyes off his new wife:-) Your daughters looked picture perfect, the dresses are lovely, and Bud and Makayla were adorable too. I think the beauty and simplicity of the outdoor setting really suited you. You all look very pleased and happy too. Best wishes for all the love in the world, always!
    DONNA

• granjan
    16 years ago

Just got back in time to attend! It looks like a perfect wedding for you, and you look perfectly lovely, as does the rest of the family. Wishing you the best of everything. Janet

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Beautiful wedding, Annie and Elery! That's about as far from a "red-neck wedding" as you can get! LOL!

Much happiness to you both!

• lowspark
    16 years ago

How lovely! I'm thrilled for you both!

• partst
    16 years ago

Beautiful wedding Annie. Everyone looks so happy. The location is perfect for your special day. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

DonÂt forget to change your name on your pass port, utilities, vehicle registration, voter registration, property tax office. Boy the list could be endless. It will give you lots of practice writing your new name.

Years of happiness to the Barnes

Claudia

• sheshebop
    16 years ago

Annie, we were all there in spirit. It was a beautiful event, and you had a perfect day, in a perfect season. congratulations to two wonderful people. Now...just tell me the date of the "shebang" in September so I can keep my calendar clear!
    Sherry

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    16 years ago

Best wishes always, Annie and Elery, much happiness always! and that has to be the most appropriate last name :) I can't believe how big the gkids are getting! A perfect fairy tale for Mr. and Mrs. Empress of the Universe! You all look gorgeous and so happy!

and they live happily ever after...

• beanthere_dunthat
    16 years ago

Now that is what I call a very lovely wedding. Congratulations.

And I can't get over how big the princess and Bud are now. I'm not at all surprised at how pretty the girls are; they're always gorgeous.

for a second there, I thought you were going to say your new last name was "Farmer". ;)

• triciae
    16 years ago

Annie, you are lovely & radiant! Everybody looks so beautiful & happy. What a fantastic day you had for your wedding...may that gorgeous day be a symbol for the wonderful days ahead as Mrs. Annie Barnes. Congratulations to both of you!

Thanks for the pictures.

/tricia

• arabellamiller
    16 years ago

Wow Annie - so different than the last wedding you were at!

You really look stunning in those pictures. It is clear how genuinly thrilled your girls were, they are radiating happiness! Princess and Bruvver are as adorable as ever. Lucky those geese got away....

I am so very happy for you and Elery.

AM

• dgkritch
    16 years ago

Barnes! We should have known it would be perfect!

Like all of the rest of the dating/proposal/engagement. LOL

Wishing you both the very best of everything and a long, happy, healthy, foodie life together!

Deanna (sniff...)

• andi_2006
    16 years ago

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs.Barnes! (love the name!!) You are glowing, your daughters are beautiful and the grandchildren are just too precious! You selected a perfect wedding location for your wedding. Best wishes for a happy and healthy life together!

• bubbeskitchen
    16 years ago

That was absolutely perfect! Loved seeing the pictures of such bliss. What a day!
    Here's to the happy bride and groom! Clink!

Bubbe

• chancesmom
    16 years ago

Best wishes for much, much happiness. Thanks for sharing.

janet

• diana55
    16 years ago

Ah Love....what a splendid thing !!! Thanks for sharing Annie. I feel like I was there. Diana55

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

Congratulations and God bless you all with many years of good health, laughter and much happiness. Your smile speaks wonders, Annie.

You have a beautiful family.

Maryanne

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

Thank you for letting us come along!

• bri29
    16 years ago

That was quite a lovely wedding Annie! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. You all looked so happy and beautiful/handsome. I wish you all the best!!

Bri

• dlundin
    16 years ago

Well, girl, you done and did it. And now we have the proof. Thanks for letting us tag along... and carrying us with you. We love you and I guess we love him, too, for loving you. He is a sweet thing. All the best to you both.

And now that we know his last name? Well, all I can say is he better be good to you. He's off to a pretty good start. :)

• mitchdesj
    16 years ago

seems like a magical day, everything was perfect, thanks for posting the pictures and all the best to you and E.

• claire_de_luna
    16 years ago

Annie, I normally have a terrible aversion to weddings, but yours was exactly right. You have a beautiful family...Much happiness to you all!

• lindac
    16 years ago

I think I mentioned before, my DH and I sort of "collected" weddings in our travels....seems we could smell one and several times happened on one.
    Once in Taos, in the courtyard of the Taos Inn, the groom wore jeans and the bride a blue satin dress, I picked a bouquet of wild flowers and we were treated to a margarita in the bar...co incidentally it was our wedding anniversary.
    Another time we were walking a trail in Vail and there in the amphitheater opposite the Mount of the Holy Cross, was a wedding party. The guitatist playes "some say love" and the tears were streaming down my face....another time we just saw the bridal party coming down the mountain in the gondola.
    I wish I had been wandering the shore of that lake and witnessed yours and Elery's wedding....but I'll pretend that I did....the pictures show it all.
    Linda C

• riverrat1
    16 years ago

Ahhhhh, just beautiful!

I came in from a short trip out of town to see that I was invited to the weeding of the year. I've been waiting on this one and I see now why I was so excited. You are beautiful and glowing...just perfect. Princess, Bruvver and your girls are the picture of pure joy! Elery's not to bad either. LOL!

Elery, Welcome to the family.

• scott55405
    16 years ago

Congratulations Annie and Elery, and thanks for the pictures!!

• msazadi
    16 years ago

Oh Annie...I'm so happy for you and Elery. Those pictures show how right 'this one' is for the whole family. What a good day for me to log onto ye old cooking forum with such good news.

(You might have a hard time remembering your name for a bit...or at least "I" did!)

Love, hugs and kisses...pass the smooch on to Elery. ;-)

• kathleen_li
    16 years ago

Just beautiful! You all look so happy. We celebrated our 38th yesterday, and I wish you as many happy, healthy years..more even!

• lakeguy35
    16 years ago

Simply beautiful Annie and Elery. Thanks for sharing your special day with us. Tell Ashley I love her hair style. Those two Grandkids sure are growing up fast!

David

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

Thanks for the invite, I wouldn't have missed it for the world!

What a beautiful spot to have a wedding! Love the dresses, the girls are radiant, the kids are just adorable and it just looks like everything was picture-perfect!

I can't tell you how happy I am for you. You two are just such a perfect couple!

Best wishes for many years of wedded bliss!

Linda

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

I just got back from a trip to my DM's. This is the first thing I looked for!

Congratulation's to Mr & Mrs Elery Barnes!
    I am so very happy for both of you, what a great couple.
    Elery is beaming, Annie is radiant and I can see the rest of the family is very pleased, and yes, they all look wonderful too!

Nancy

• annie1992
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you, everyone.

Nancy, it seems that we just missed each other at Anderson's in Toledo!

Annie

• compumom
    16 years ago

Sneaking in to add my congratulations too, I was so caught up in the photos of this union, that I must have missed doing it the first time around! Wishing a lifetime of happiness to you and your beautiful family, my how they've grown! Hugs to all!

• mustangs81
    16 years ago

I'm with Gina, this is the best wedding I've attended in a long time. Odd that we could be so attached to virtual friends and family. Thanks for sharing, I don't know if I would have had the stamina to post pictures after such a demanding life event.

I'm so very happy for you both.

Cathy

• annie1992
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ah, but Cathy, we aren't just "virtual" friends, we've actually met each other! That makes us "real", even if Ashley does refer to all forum members as my "imaginary friends". LOL

Ah, I have stamina. (grin)

Annie

• Adnama
    15 years ago

Congrats, Annie! So happy for you--thanks for the pics.

Tell Ashley her hair is absolutely adorable. It suits her face beautifully. Your hair looks pretty good, too. And that's a great dress.

I can't believe how big the gkids are! What a beautiful family you all are!

~Amanda

• annie1992
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, Amanda, I'll be sure to tell Ashley. She just keeps getting it cut shorter and shorter, mostly because it's always a different color and she gets "icky" ends. LOL I told her she's gonna be bald soon, but she likes her hair short because it's easier to take care of. She's kind of busy with work and school, but you know that better than anyone, I'm sure.

Elery really likes me as a redhead and is trying to encourage me to get it dyed regularly. I just hate sitting still for that hour and a half, so it's probably not going to happen more than twice a year, but thank you. I love the color, I just haven't decided how much I love it, and whether it's worth the time and money in the beauty shop. :-)

Annie

• teotiki
    15 years ago

Thanks for letting me know you've posted pix's. Love your dress [blues your color] and both your daughters look absolutely beautiful. Makayla is as sweet as ever and Bud..so handsome and growing up too. Both you and Elery look so happy and I wish you both nothing but happiness forever and ever.

Iris