SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Lunch with Brenda in Corpus Christi

annie1992
15 years ago

Too bad Texas is such a big state, only Brenda was close enough to meet us for lunch. She picked out a seafood place and brought her DD, DH and granddaughter Aleksi.

Because we had flown and were limited as to luggage, we had no gifts for the adults, but I bought a little purse shaped like a poodle for Aleksi. I forgot to take a picture of it, but she filled it with candy from the front hostess desk, so I think she liked it, LOL.

Brenda was wonderful and friendly:

Her DH and DD were wonderful too:

We got so busy yakking I forgot to take pictures of the food! Well, I did get a picture of my Caldo Xochitl. Don't ask me how to pronounce that, even the waitress couldn't!

In spite of my empty hands, Brenda brought me gifts, which Aleksi helped me unwrap, including this really nice bottle of Texas Olive Oil and a bar of olive oil Chef's Soap, redolent with vanilla and smelling so good Elery said he thought he could probably eat it:

Brenda also brought me three kinds of chili powder, including some "Dallas Dynamite" that Elery is looking forward to, some Vietnamese Cinnamon, and gifts for Ashley and Amanda:

Saturday was the coldest day since I'd been here and the wind was blowing about 30MPH so I think poor Aleksi missed out on her planned dolphin watching, but I hope she had as much fun as I did!

Annie

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert