SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canarybird01

Another Lunch at the San Diego Stables

canarybird01
18 years ago

Yesterday my friend Anne and I went with her cousin visiting from England back to that lovely old stable garden restaurant - La Cuadra de San Diego.

{{gwi:1468601}} We sat outside on the back garden patio and had a lovely lunch. The food there is exquisite, all is homemade including desserts and wine, and the setting is quiet and beautiful. (You can see their big wine storage vat in photo 6 below.)

As is customary here, the house invites to

(Canary food - ground toasted maize mixed with broth) which comes with a dab of red sauce. This pic from our previous visit and there were 3 of these yesterday

We started with that beautiful and addicting spinach salad, with pine nuts, bacon, raisins and a dressing that contains among other things orange juice, balsamic and a good olive oil.

Then we shared a mixed salad.

{{gwi:1468604}} And crusty rolls, along with a liter of their homemade red wine.

{{gwi:1468605}} As my main dish I chose the chopped Pork Tenderloin en Croe with sauce. Heavenly !

I'd had this last time and had to try it again as I liked it so much.

The others chose a mixed grilled kebab and an eggplant casserole. I didn't take photos of their food.

Then we started on the desserts !

Anne chose chocolate fondant with Crème Anglaise. Oooohhh - talk about molten lava cakes.....there was chocolate sauce oozing out of the centre and the Crème Anglaise was soooo good !

{{gwi:1468607}} Anne's cousin chose Caramelized Pears with Toffee. Another good looking and tasting dish.

{{gwi:1468608}} I had to try their Lemon Tart María Victoria. The drizzle of lemon sauce at the side tasted like limoncello.

Mmmmm it was so good !

After having coffees, we walked around this old estate and looked at their vineyard which faces the sea.

The next six photos were also taken yesterday but are posted on another server. (Use back button to return.)

- Another view of the restaurant patio and giant dragon tree.

- View of their vineyard, the ocean and a row of amaryllis bulbs beginning to bloom.

- A closer look at the grapevines.

- Garden view with a wall covered in red-flowered Euphorbia Millii, also know as Euphorbia Splendens.

- Another glimpse of their beautiful garden.

- Here you see part of the house and the giant silver wine vat.

After seeing the photos Wolf is convinced that he'd like

to go there now as well !

SharonCb

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm