Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dcarch's photo tips #2

Posted by dcarch (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 5, 10 at 7:29

I like to add one more consideration to SharonCb's tripod tips:

Get a tripod with a reversible center post, so that you can mount your camera upside down. This will give you two more features:

1. You can take pictures of your dishes from the top.

2. Do you have hundreds of precious photos fading? Scanning is very time consuming. You can setup your camera upside down with the tripod and just snap away. 10 times faster.

I like to add to SharonCbs lighting tips:

Amazon.com has high power daylight CFL bulb at a very reasonable price (some free shipping). You will have much better lighting for all your pictures. Many professional photographers use them.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cfl+bulbs+daylight&sprefix=cfl+bulb

dcarch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dcarch's photo tips #2

We just bought a new Epson V330 scanner, and it is much faster than the old HP scanner we had before, and the color is much better than from taking photos of photos by camera. I did find, however, that a camera is better for taking images of veneered furniture finish samples than scanning, although a scanner is better for fabric samples. For fringe, a camera works better than a scanner, and I had to do that yesterday.

Lars

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here