Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas gifts from the land of Oz...

Posted by annie1992 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 7, 07 at 17:36

About a week or so ago, I got a package from Australia. Ashley was as excited as always, it was from Colleen "her birthday twin". (grin)

Colleen sent Ashley a nice calendar/planner to keep track of homework and work dates, a little pocket sized planner for me (like she thinks I'll ever get organized at home, LOL?), a calendar for Amanda and toys for the Monkey Princess and her Bruvver.

Just on time too, the two Monkeys got a virus and were sick, so Makayla spent time on the couch playing with the finger puppets and making up songs about all the animals and fish on her fingers:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

She likes this one best:

Colleen sent Bud a Kookaburra bird, and it makes noise, Colleen said it sounds just like a Kookaburra. Bud wouldn't hold it for a picture, if he threw it it would make a noise so the minute he got his hands on it he'd grin, yell "fly, bird" and throw it across the room. Makayla held it for a picture:

Bruvver wasn't very happy about that, but we gave it right back....

She also sent a couple of tiny pins that she said were Australian childhood icons, but my camera couldn't get close enough to show them, they just came out blurry. Makayla has one on her coat, and Ashley claimed the other. LOL Big kids.....

Thank you, Colleen, for thinking of us, it was very kind and the kids loved the gifts. So did I.

Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas gifts from the land of Oz...

First off, I can't believe how big the kids are getting!

Colleen, I think you made some people in White Cloud very happy people.

o

What a nice thing for Colleen to do! Something for everyone, too! Very cool.

Linda

o

I love getting presents for people but I don't have much family to go nuts for, so it was great to put up a box for my internet relatives :-D! I spotted the finger puppets first, and I thought "I have just GOT to get those", and it kind of snowballed from there.........I am so happy that everyone likes their goodies and even happier that they arrived at an opportune moment!

o

How special to get this great package from Australia for the family, Annie. Whoa, the kids ARE getting big...so cute! Colleen, very, very sweet of you!

o

How sweet of you Colleen! Yes, lil bruvver is looking like a little boy now, not a babe any more!

o

What a wonderful suprise! Cute lil' peoples too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here