SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canarybird01

Market Day, Chicken Grill & Beach

canarybird01
18 years ago

Last Friday Anne and I had another day out with lunch. It had rained heavily in the morning but when I picked her up at 12:30 it had stopped, so we decided to go to

and see what interesting produce there was. I needed a few things and as the market building is no longer openair but has a roof I thought it would be a nice place to start our day without the risk of getting wet.

I took plenty of photos of the produce which included some unusual fruits and vegetables, including (gasp) persimmons. You will see why I wait to get to Canada before buying corn on the cob. Also notice how meat here is by no means displayed sliced and ready in those tidy trays that one sees in North America. And heaven forbid if you need a label on the meat to try and figure out what animal it came from LOL ! One certainly doesn't see those lovely standing rib roasts, rolled roasts or even spare ribs all prepared and looking lovely under glass.

After I had filled so many bags I could hardly carry them we went back to the car and headed up to a popular restaurant known for its grilled meats and chicken. Always filled with local folks this place makes one of the best stewed chickpea (garbanzos) dishes in town. Meats are cooked on a eucalyptus wood fired grill, the same as at another place where we love to eat. Getting out of the car, one immediately notices the aromatic smoke of the burning eucalyptus coming from the chimney. The scent is a delicious invitation to follow your nose and go inside to dine.

Los Asadores means 'The Roasters'. I used to go there when it was still quite new about 1975 when diners sat on rough benches. Since then they have put in wooden chairs and curtains lol. I'm posting the photos of the food we had over on the What's For Dinner thread.

Afterwards Anne suggested we go for a walk along the beach at Punta Brava for a whiff of sea air. She was playing tennis at 5 pm so it would just be for a short visit. I took photos there of the stormy sea and the black volcanic sand. It was too damp everywhere for a visit to a garden centre as I'd planned earlier.

Too bad these aren't sunny photos this time. Forty pics in all. Have a nice visit ! Album link is below.

SharonCb

Here is a link that might be useful: Market, Lunch & Beach Jan.27th

Comments (4)