SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyman_gw

a walk around the 'hood

bunnyman
17 years ago

Hi,

In the spirit of the walking thread I thought I'd post a "walk" around my homestead. This is a collection and not a single walk.

Take yoko for a walk? Yah, the human is me.

{{gwi:1468074}}

Yoko loves to watch the birds! Love to watch the swallows zoom around the yard catching every single bug that can fly. No mosquitos!

{{gwi:1468075}}

Best place to take a walk is down the driveway.

{{gwi:1468076}}

Sometimes a deer watches us. This guy is still in velvet and safe. Watch out when he goes into rut... he gets a little fiesty.

{{gwi:1468077}}

Some weeds are for looking at.

{{gwi:1468078}}

I grow christmas trees as a hobby. Sales were slower then expected this year. One 400 tree order turned into a 40 tree order... so it goes.

{{gwi:1468079}}

Lots of berries of all types. I've tried to plant tame berry bushes and they have always died. To rub salt in the wound they grow wild everywhere. One stawberry patch is probably 3-4 acres in size... lots of berries! These are black raspberries... my favorite!

{{gwi:1468080}}

Of course I'm famous for my bunnies. This has been a GW fave in the past.

{{gwi:1129773}}

Spike assured me this young red-tailed hawk is probably not eating a bunny.

{{gwi:1468081}}

There is always something odd walking across the lawn.

{{gwi:1468082}}

Upon closer inspection we see a volunteer for the soup pot! I let him go to grow up some... one of these days he is gonna be snapping turtle soup.

{{gwi:1468083}}

My garden spot.

{{gwi:356986}}

More birds! Ten years ago we didn't have turkey around here and now they are everywhere.

{{gwi:1439353}}

This is NOT Yoko begging to get in... note the unique stripes down her back! Friendly and no stink but a wild animal none the less.

{{gwi:1468084}}

Well... that is my homestead or at least a few pictures. At the moment it is cold and snowing. Not really fit for a walk today so I stuck ya'll with some old pics.

{{gwi:356988}}

: )

michael & lyra

Comments (15)